IP address and Hub connection

I have 4 Hubs, which were purchased about 2 years ago. When I was initially setting up the first hub it would always drop from the network. Work on the connection/problem for about 6 weeks and finally gave up. I'm back trying to setup the hubs. I have two hubs that consistently connect and maintain connection to my LAN. The other two hubs refuse to maintain an IP connection.

Previous router - Synology
Current Router - ASUS Zen WiFi Pro ET12

I have tried all configurations of static IP assignments (through the HUB and through the DHCP on the router)

I have tried different wires and different ethernet ports and still no luck

Most recently I have a "main floor" hub that wants to float between IP addresses
192.168.1. 178 or 181 or 183
I have assigned a static IP address (clear on the router). The hub refuses to go this address.
When the hub picks a address 178/181/183 - it refuses to log in after a few attempts.

The router also does not pick up the device when I do have it connected.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated

1 Like

Basement and Garage hubs seem to be working flawlessly. I can easily find these two devices on my router - via MAC or IP address.

The Great Room and Main Floor hubs are completely lost on the system. I cannot access either (even using http://IP address:8081). Rebooting the router will not gain access. If the power is removed from the HUB, I can gain access for a few moments.

The main floor hub is not listed on the router - 192.168.1.181
Currently, I can connect to the HUB. This connection will drop within hours. I have assigned static IP addresses (as in the above post) - the HUB refuses to acknowledge the static IP address and the router still does not indicate that the device is even present.

The basement HUB is on 192.168.1.247 (DHCP assigned) and has been since it was installed (almost two weeks). As you can see, the great room hub is not listed (IP...251) and this hub is not currently accessible. I will have to remove power from the device in order to regain temporary access.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.