IoTaWatt EV Charger Monitor -- what am I doing wrong?

Trying to send notifications to my chrome speaker and cell phone to let me know when my EV and plug-in Hybrid vehicles are charging and when they are finished.

My Class 2 EV charger has a circuit monitored via IoTaWatt, and the circuit is visible in Hubitat via the excellent IoTaWatt Power Monitor Driver available here: [Release] IoTaWatt Power Monitor Driver v0.1.20220103

I've written a rule that triggers when the power exceeds 3.5KW. My plug-in Hybrid (Ruby) only charges at 4-5Kw and my EV (Whitey) charges at 8-10Kw, so I determine which vehicle is charging based on the power. I use a private boolean to disable activating the rule when the charger start notification has already initiated.

The rule shown below will trigger the charge-start notification once and that's it. Doesn't trigger the end of charge and doesn't ever reset the boolean. If I remove the boolean lines of code, the rule just keeps telling me that my car is charging every few minutes.

Would appreciate some coaching from the experts here...

The rule looks like it should work, so I find it odd that it doesn’t…. Can you turn on all logging and post a screenshot of the resulting logs?

Well....
I attempted to log the event, plug in the charger, and then unplug the charger after a few minutes.
....and it worked perfectly! All looks good in the log as well.

Not sure why it didn't work initially. Very odd. Oh well -- all good now!

1 Like

Ha! Very odd, but glad it works!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.