iOS beta app (build 60) - in and out of Geofence

I have a simple app that will send me a push when ever the geofence changes.. I wanted to test for a long while before I trust it.

With the recent iOS beta app (build 60), I'm frequently seeing out of geofence events while I'm at home. Then almost immediately after, a follow on event telling me I'm in the geofence.

I could make my geofence bigger, but seems that the app version caused this behavior, so don't want to mask a problem.

Also, several times when I actually enter the geofence I'm not getting the event, didn't see that before.

Anyone else seeing any funny business?

HW: iPhone Xs
SW: iOS 13.1.2
App: build 60

Yes, Iphone 6S, seeing this as well, and on wife's Iphone 7

When at home, does the Hubitat Mobile App show your location as being centered within the GeoFence? If not, try dragging the 'Pin' within the app to center the geofence relative to your phone's location on the map.

Just a guess... build 60 seems to be working fine on both of our iPhone 7 phones, running iOS v13.1.2.

I’m using a 7plus with 13.1.2 and build 60 of the app. I had to change to just the Homebridge presence because the mobile app has me coming and going every 5-10 minutes for the past day and a half. It’s centered perfectly when I open the HE app btw. I didn’t have any issues with the previous app, geofence worked and it didn’t kill my battery as long as I remembered to force close it.

@ogiewon - yes, it is perfectly centered. Seems to be new behavior with latest version of the app.

New beta version 1.05 build 61 has just been released in TestFlight. Release notes state "Improvements on geoevent posting"

Might be worth a try.

1 Like

Loaded 61 yesterday, so far I’ve had 1 false alert, so seems better. I have the size of my geofence set pretty big, much bigger than I want it and it’s still giving me trouble. When I get these false alerts, I’ve tried to quickly open the HE app to see if I could catch the blue dot outside the fence, but never have.

Still having lots of false alerts with 1.0.5 (61) and getting logged out frequently. When I get logged out of the app, I start missing notifications... no good!

Also got this message the other day as I was exiting my geofence:

i just saw this as i posted about geofence.

are you able to do a bigger geofence in the new beta app? is so how much bigger?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.