iOS Background Battery Usage

I’m seeing a massive drain on my iPhone’s battery life recently and just noticed this. It wasn’t doing this before and to be honest, I haven’t traveled anywhere beyond my house.

While not as high as you are seeing, I’m seeing relatively high usage as well. Thanks for reporting.

I’m running iOS 13.6 beta and my HE app version is 1.0.10 (83). What’s yours?

Whatever the latest non-beta is.
Hubitat 1.0.7 build 70.
Will update but I’m not holding my breath.

Do you have the Hubitat Mobile App’s setting for high accuracy Geofencing enabled? If so, disable it as it is known to drain a battery very quickly.

Personally, I use Life360 or Locative on our iPhones. Much more reliable and way less battery drain.

I’m on 1.0.10 build 84. This is my usage without high accuracy presence on ios 13.6 beta

It’s been reliable for the past week that I’ve been using it again.

1 Like

I just wanted to let you know that I’m using the beta version of the app on ios for the past month and it’s been working perfectly with no battery drain. I don’t have high accuracy presence enabled. In iOS settings I have set location to “while using the app “, which I know other apps require this set to always, but it hasn’t missed an arrival or departure since setting it this way, and it has not departed when I’m still at home (which was my main issue before).

2 Likes