Invoke HE Hub update via localhost URL post?

Did you reboot? The new O/S version doesn't come up until you reboot.

No, I didn't. I thought the update URL post automatically reboots after the update completes? That is how the manual button works.. I will try it..

I tried it, it did not work.

I think I am seeing the same on a C-7,
It has downloaded the new platform version but it has not made it the active version even after rebooting.

Bummer.

1 Like

Bummer indeed.

Any other ideas?

Cross your fingers and wait for them to decide if they want to extend this undocumented feature to the C7?

1 Like

That and what @gopher.ny said earlier in this thread:

You could also go here:

https://remoteaccess.aws.hubitat.com/

And click on the “Update Software” button for each hub…

No, no, no. Something local to the hub please.

But you started out talking about 4 hubs on Hub Mesh.

So only one of those is going to be local, right?

Hey Bruce. I do use hub mesh, but I also use Node Red. I have virtual buttons on my controller hub which kicks off flows within Node Red. It would be super duper awesome if I could make a post api call from NR into each hub when starting an update.

Another idea would be to just add a method like location.updateHub()

1 Like

Sorry to say, but this is not likely to happen. We are not keen on "automatic" updates.

As someone who updates hubs to new versions 10 or 20 times as often as any customer, I can't see that there is a compelling need for this.

Okay, at a minimum could we still add a url post? I understand not adding the direct groovy method due to looping or something.

I'm still very hopeful that you will recognize this need, especially with the number of patch releases that typically follow a major release.

You can always just wait a bit and not click update after each hotfix (unless of course there’s something in the hotfix that actually addresses an issue for one or more of your hubs).

3 Likes

I don't understand why this is such a big deal. Feels like hubitat is pushing their users into remote admin update feature instead. Always about the dollars...

How does updating the hub by clicking a button on a webpage vs. some kind of yet-to-be-determined automated method relate at all to the remote admin service?

The update process for each hub is kicked off manually whether you are on your LAN or logged in remotely.

In any event, you made your feature request, and you got a response from staff. I’m not sure how much else there is to talk about.

You could always start a new thread to make additional unsupported claims about users being pushed to sign up for the remote admin service.

3 Likes

How?

While I’ve no need for the multi-Hubitat platform update that you’ve requested, I’ve felt your request is reasonable.

However, this last comment is deplorable and inane. Good luck getting Hubitat developers/engineers to listen to you.

1 Like

Yep.

We are going to add something for updating multiple hubs linked by Hub Mesh. This has nothing to do with Remote Admin or dollars.

3 Likes