Interpreting App & Device Stats

C-7 v2.3.8.140

My hub is complaining about elevated load. I will reboot but would like to better understand how to interpret the App & Device Stats.

What are expected 'Count', '% of busy', and 'State size' on the App stats page?

Is it reasonable for a basic average calc run every 15 minutes to require 7% of my hub?

What are expected 'Count', '% of busy', 'State size', 'Total events' and 'States' on the Device stats page?

Is a count of 1,608,799 concerning?

For 2 days of run time I’d say that 1.6 million events may be a little extreme…

That's just 7% of 2.3% (the total time it was actually busy), which IMHO isn't much at all. But in general, apps or drivers with periodic schedules, at least ones with any frequency (no so much the once- or twice-a-day ones) are going to have higher stats than most that don't -- just because they're likely to run more often. This isn't inherently bad, but if anything else sticks out and you're having problems, it may be worth looking into.

There are no "expected" values here, and what's normal is likely to differ by app or driver. But if you're having problems, I'd start by looking for anything that seems extraordinarily high. I'd agree with the above that 1.6 million executions (not events) in your 2-1/4-ish day uptime might be a bit extreme, though -- that's dozens of executions per second on average by my calculation, and that seems ripe to cause problems if it isn't already.