Integration with Lennox iComfort S30 Thermostat

Is there an integration with the Lennox iComfort S30 thermostat, official or otherwise? I know that it works with Alexa. I'd be interested in getting it to work with Hubitat, too.

I am interested as well. Was using IFTT to set away and home with Life360 , but now life 360 is leaving IFTT.

So far I have not heard of any way to integrate them. Was hoping someone had a way to do it.

I just set up a work-around to get Hubitat to control temperature on my S30 through the limited options in IFTTT. It isn’t pretty, but so far it is working for heating. It is a set of short Rule Machine rules, a few global variables, a virtual thermostat, a temp sensor, and some virtual switches in Hubitat plus a few applets in IFTTT.
It has some downsides: It sometimes puts the S30 into away mode and sometimes adjusts the ‘current temperature’. It needs a separate temp sensor (I use a multi-sensor). The display on the S30 doesn’t always show the actual set point. It doesn’t control the fan, the schedules, or any of the other fancy S30 features. But at least I can automate my temperature...

I was hoping for something smoother. As it is, I have a lot of less-than-ideal automations.

There is not an integration. I only need Hubitat to be able to set the S30 into away mode so I use a virtual switch/contact combination with Alexa routines to accomplish that.

Yeah, my system is extremely klunky. What I really need is a way to set the heating and cooling setpoints. Through IFTTT I can tell it to increase or decrease, but that is based on current temp so it's hard to automate.
What we need is for Lennox to expose webhooks are put up a legit API. IFTTT can somehow communicate it's limited set of commands - how does it do that? I assume the Lennox app talks to a web-based app that talks to the S30. How does it do that? Maybe we could piggy-back off whatever they are doing. I just don't know much about this stuff.

Is it realistic to ask/expect the Hubitat people to develop an integration with the Lennox S30, or is there something techwise that makes the two incompatible?

It's not up to Hubitat. It is up to Lennox to open up an api for third party use.

Hi, I was finally able to get the iComfort s30 working on home assistant. Below is the git repository. Any chance someone can port this over to hubitat? Much appreciated!

2 Likes

Ooooh yeah! Please let's get a Hubitat port!

bumping this in case anyone feels inspired to port this over to Hubitat....

Bumping too since I’d also love to see this.

Perhaps we can all chip in for a bounty to make it worthwhile for someone to step up and port it to hubitat.

If any of our well-esteemed coding expert/App makers were to volunteer, I'd chip in!

I’d contribute to the cause