Integration to ChargePoint EV Charger?

I have a ChargePoint charger that I would love to integrate to Hubitat. My goal is to use Hubitat to start/top charging and also set the charging amperage to match the availability of solar power.

I reached out to their support team to get a copy of their API document, but unfortunately they apparently only share it with corporate users…

That said, I know some here are able to put integration in place even without those documents, and am wondering if by any chance anyone has, or if anyone would be interested to put one together.

There’s a Home Assistant integration. You can start / stop and set the amperage limit.

1 Like

Oh cool - Thanks! Maybe I can use ChatGPT to convert it to Hubitat…

2 Likes

Um, perhaps you should form a corporation?

1 Like

Hehe… I think I would also need to purchase a bunch of their chargers…

Seriously, though, spin up a HA instance (I happen to have HA Yellow, but there are many platforms), bring it to Hubitat via HADB. I’ve done that for RatGDO, Litter Robot, Sure Flap Pet Door, and presence on our iPads and iPhones. Works flawlessly.

1 Like

You’re making a good point! I’m not sure what I find the most daunting though… Learning a new platform (and getting the hardware required to run it) or figuring out how to convert the HA Pyton to Groovy with the help of ChatGPT and if I’m lucky, some help from my son…

That’s simple. If you do everything on Hubitat, and just bring the devices over using HADB, you really don’t have to learn HA. I sure haven’t. Just a small number of devices, no automations, no dashboards other than the one it automatically creates (and which I have never used). I just update the platform occasionally when the monthly releases come out.

Well, you do need some way to get a return on your investment.

1 Like