Integrating Ikea Tradfri CT Bulbs

For everyone struggeling like my at the beginning:

I had a few IKEA CT bulbs, which ich moved to hubitat. I had two problems for which I want to give a solution.

1. Picking the right driver: For the controll basically only two drivers seem to work; Generic Zigbee Bulb & Generic Zigbee RGBW Light. The community driver for IKEA RGB Bulb just doesn't work with the CT bulbs. Using the Generic Zigbee Bulb - driver gave the direct response and the nice feature, that it could directly be integrated into Google Home. Downside was, that the color temperature couldn't be changed. Using the Generic Zigbee RGBW driver gave the possibility to change the CT, but for some reason GH wouldn't recognise it.
    Getting everything to work incl.CT-Changeand GH integration, I've used this little trick: I've created for every bulb the real bulb with the RGBW - driver and a virtual RGBW bulb. Afterwards I've put the real and the virtual bulb into a group using the Groups and Scenes - App. The now new created virtual Group device could easily be integrated into GH, giving me full controll over the IKEA CT bulb. :grinning:

2. A replacement for the tradfri switches. For this I've just switched to a Xiaomi - Button, using the community driverand created a few rules for my specific needs, covering the possibility of single / double push and hold.
    Here are my rules for that, which I will defenitly rework in the future, making them a little better over time:

I hope this will help people, who are newbies like me, getting everything up and running. :innocent:

Did you try the "Generic Zigbee CT Bulb (dev)" driver? I don't know the exact model of Ikea Trådfri CT bulb you have, but this is the recommended driver for at least the 1000lm model, according to Hubitat's compatible device list. It's also the best theoretical match for the device's feature set. The "Advanced Zigbee CT Bulb" driver would likely also work.

I have a couple of these, but they're paired to my Hue Bridge network and not directly to Hubitat (though I have integrated them). Unlike most of Ikea's bulbs, I actually don't mind these. :slight_smile: They're the brightest CT bulb I can find and work well where I don't want (RGB) color control.

1 Like

I totally did not see this driver! :joy:

Thanks man, worked directly. :grinning: