Integrating HSM and Ring Keypad gen2

Yes. I don't really want to use HSM, I just want to use the keypad for locking and unlocking a Kwickset lock that doesn't have a keypad. I added one sensor into each intrusion mode it created one for each of my modes. It then added the option for adding a keypad for arming and disarming. It does not do it, however.

Ahhh, been a wee bit since I did something like that. Want to say I may have had to use a webCoRE piston (should be doable as a custom rule) and the event description to drive things…

I would like to re-issue my appeal from December last year for a fuller integration of the Ring v2 keypad. It's a great keypad, with a great battery life, and it could be used for many things in my HE setup. However, at the moment, the only thing I can get it to do is interact with HSM, arming/disarming.

2 Likes

Glad to see someone else would like more functions available with this device/driver. I've been banging my head against a wall in the beta forum.

Request that the Driver be updated to use ALL of the devices capabilities...

• Allow arming without a code / Allow direct arming
  • Ambient light sensor sensitivity (%) Ambient light level at which to disable keypad lights (0 to 100)
  • Disable proximity sensor
  • Custom use of the 3 Emergency buttons
  • Emergency buttons press duration / How long to press buttons to trigger alarm (2 to 5)
  • Chime tone / Select the default chime sound to play

AND THE BIGGEST REQUEST... When in debug mode we can see what buttons were pressed. PLEASE expose this in an attribute! :eyes: :eyes:

@bcopeland , @bravenel , @gopher.ny and anybody else that'll listen! :grinning:

2 Likes

And allow me to get just the code -- '1234' + checkmark, or '1234' + x

1 Like

I realize that there may be some legalities getting in the way, but if this is a low priority integration, can the source code for the current driver be released on GitHub? I'm sure there's more than one person besides me who would be willing to help develop it further.

2 Likes

I saw this from two months ago, and have to confess I'm confused.

It pairs with my hub, just doesn't have all the functionality I had thought it would.

That post was from 2019.

Thanks! I saw 'May 19' and misunderstood the date. :slight_smile:

1 Like