Installing Apps - Can't Find Devices

Received my hub last night. I have a ST hub with at least 50 devices on it.

I've installed Hub Link app hoping to detect many of my ST devices. App installed. Nothing else happens. Still no device showing up. Can't find any documentation on what to do next.

Installed Hue Bridge Integration App. Seemed to install OK. Still no devices showing up. Can't find any documentation on what to do next.

I must admit, I'm not off to a great start.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Like

Make sure you're looking for Hue Devices under Apps > Hue Bridge Integration, NOT under Devices > Discover Devices like you will add your Zigbee and Zwave devices. The Hue Bridge must be on the same network as your Hubitat Hub and you must see the bridge before any devices will show up. Be sure to press the button on the Hue Bridge to authorize Hubitat to connect to it.

I don't think there documentation yet. You can have a look through this thread. There's some tidbits in there that might help. It should work by just following the instructions in the wizard, but I agree that documentation is needed for many items. Still in early days.

There is currently a problem with the Hue App at their end for some people, they are investigating it....

Thanks everyone for your input.

I removed the Hue app and reinstalled it and it worked the second time. Not sure what was going on, but it seems to be working great now.

I decide to go all in on Hubitat and have moved most devices off SmartThings and it's going pretty well. So, I won't be using the Hub Link.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Welcome! I think you'll love it. Around April 1 I had moved everything off of ST. By April 30 I decided to stop using extra electricity for no reason, and a few days ago, I sold the ST hub.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.