Inovelli RGBW LED Strip Individually Addressable-From our favorite company

Yes, extremely sorry about this -- this was a misunderstanding with our designer. I've taken the photo down to clear up any confusion.

You're correct, the middle LED is an RGB LED and the LED's on the outside are Warm and Cool LED's.

2 Likes

Lol, we have, but unfortunately lack of funding has kept us from entering as we can barely keep in stock in the US/Canada. We do want to get over there though!

1 Like

Sorry for posting 3x in a row guys -- I was in a hurry to answer @nclark's post as he was 100% correct -- that image should've never made it to the site (it's fixed now, thank you). However, I want to respond to everyone else so apologies for not putting it all in one response!

@Rxich -- thanks for posting! We tried to keep the price competitive :slight_smile:

Hopefully you were good this year :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Awesome, thanks for the support! Where are you putting them there? Under cabinets?

Thanks! Goes well with one of the coolest 700 series hubs out there :wink:

Thanks as well for the support! We will have some extension cords available (6 foot) -- we just haven't put them up on the site yet (hopefully tomorrow). Thanks again for the kind words, I'll pass it onto the team!

Yup, my bad :frowning: -- appreciate you calling it out!

We'll be coming out with an adapter early next year along with a firmware update that will allow you to use 4, 5 or 6 pin Lightstrips with our controller. We wanted to do it with this iteration of the firmware, but unfortunately tariffs rise to 25% starting January 1st, so we had to release the kit as is for now. Luckily HE allows for firmware updating so this shouldn't be an issue moving forward! We'll sell the controllers separately too.

See above tariff comment :frowning: -- the manufacturer is looking at other options such as Taiwan, so that could be something.

Bryan has a few tricks up his sleeve, I'm sure! But from what we've been testing internally, there are a couple of ways this will work (I also recently switched to HE so I've been running the units on HE myself).

The driver will allow you to play with the built in animations as well as allow you to set notifications (similar to our switches -- where you can have the LED strip, "Pulse" Red if your garage door is left open).

To build your own animations, @ericm created an App that will allow you to choose from 4 variables (2 more variables will come with a later firmware release): Color/Transition, Level, Duration and one other one I can't think of off the top of my head. Maybe Eric M. can chime in.

10 Likes

Are these 6' long total? Do I read that right?

So we could connect other LED strips to your controller?

Looks awesome! Pre-order is in. Merry Christmas to me, lol. :wink: :santa:

Thankfully good is a relatively broad term :wink:

well dang it......had to order a couple more.
got 3 coming now.
Now that i know I can use them for status updates and have them flash a different color on specific triggers...opens up wayyy more applications.
and they just look cool so i wanted a few extra anyway.
Really looking for the conversion for other addressable strips...i should have a spare controller from this group of 3.
can we get them early :slight_smile: would love to have these under the tree......from myself!

Correct -- the kit comes with 5x 1ft sections and 2x 6in sections for a total of 6 feet.

Yes, with the updated firmware and adaptor, that is the game-plan for early 2021. We realize not everyone wants the fancy addressable LED's or have existing LED strips that are already installed, so we want to make a controller that can control 4, 5, or 6 pin LED strips regardless of manufacturer.

Lol awesome, thank you!

True!

Lol, nice! You can never have too many LED lights :)!

Yeah, the notifications are going to be sweet. I love them on our switches, but the bar can be small from across the room, whereas if you have an entire lightstrip, you shouldn't miss any heads up display notifications. I really with ESPN would bring back their API -- it used to be fun connecting it to IFTTT to light up my hue lights when the Lions scored a touchdown (although that rarely happened).

Yeah, this is definitely a priority for us. The LED strips themselves we don't really make that much money on as they're expensive -- the controller is really where we have an opportunity to shine as that's fairly cheap.

Lol -- we're pushing! We need to get them prior to Jan 1 -- right now the slated mass production date is December 13, so it may be possible to get it before the 25th, but it will be extremely tight.

Just to stoke the fire a little more:

4 Likes

:grin:

One happy customer so far!

ino

I don't get this, maybe I am being dense today?

The length can be extended Up to 30.48*16cm

1 Like

Extensions can increase the length of the strip to ~16 feet

But it clearly says 16cm, that is why I am confused. That is an exact copy/paste from the instructions.

And what is the 30.48*, that is usually the multiplication symbol. So 30.48x16? Or is that some typo?

I took it as multiplication (as an old programmer that was the natural connection for me). 30.48 cm is approximately 12 inches.

2 Likes

One on the way. If my wife finds out I spent $50 for 6 ft of LED strips I'm a dead man. (She knows that I got the Sylvania LED 16-ft strips for 22 bucks each.) So please, let's keep this between ourselves. :wink:

4 Likes

30.48*16cm = 487.68cm
487.68cm/2.54cm/inch=192"
192"/12 = 16'

Simple! :wink:

1 Like

LOL.

Seriously, I still don't get it. I see the math, but what do these numbers (30.48 and 16) represent? Not trying to be dumb here, but is that length, width, height, what? That is what I am struggling with.

So there can be 30.48 strips, each 16cm long? That makes no sense, how do you have a .48 of a strip?

Maybe it means 16 strips, each 30.48cm? That doesn't sound right either, that would be some very short strips.

:man_shrugging:

Having a :blonde_man: moment I guess.

I know nothing! NOTHING!

2 Likes

30.48cm = 12" = length of the five longer strips (there are two 6" strips in addition)

16cm/2.54cm/inch = 6.29" = sort of the 6" strip length

2.54*30.48 = 77.142 which is just a little more than 77

And from Pythagorean's theorem we know that image.

Leading thusly, to Einstein and Keppler's starring turn in the 1968 Eurovision Song Contest:

ABC, it's easy as 123, oh baby now do re me, abc, 123 baby you and me!

3 Likes

I completely understand cm to inch, that isn't what was bothering me, I use that conversion all the time. But I still wonder why they used the * (multiply) symbol here.

Should it not say "(5) 30.48cm and (2) 16cm strip included" or "5x30.48cm and 2x16cm strip included"? By the way, this is what I am referring to.

ls

Yeah, I gave up on understanding it. Until @Eric_Inovelli fills us in, we're like goats (or anybody, really) trying to understand quantum physics. :wink:

Most likely it's a typo. S/B: Up to 30.48cm*16 = max 16' extension.

1 Like