Inovelli Red Series Dimmer Switch

Im looking at the Red Series docs, and trying to figure out how to adjust the Dimming Speed via the driver. Im probably missing something as I can't figure it out.

The actual model is Inovelli ZWave Dimmer Switch (Red Series) and Hubitat found it and added the Inovelli Z-Wave Smart Scene Dimmer S2 driver. All seems to work, but I dont want it to ramp the on/off and it appears that is how it is by default.

l

If you set the ramp rates to 0, it should turn on/off without ramping…

Thanks @thebearmay .. thats what I would think, but I dont see ramp rate as a driver config .. Maybe Im missing something?

Use the Inovelli driver instead of the built-in

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/InovelliUSA/Hubitat/master/Drivers/inovelli-dimmer-red-series-lzw31-sn.src/inovelli-dimmer-red-series-lzw31-sn.groovy

(Can also set it from the switch itself but…)

1 Like

Thanks .. I resorted to the switch, but it was awkward and made me cry a little inside. But it did work .. Let me grab this other driver

1 Like

Sort of like using T9 codes on an iPhone 13 or Galaxy S21…

more like a 2600 code on a cell phone ... Im wrapping my head around the extensiveness of this new driver .. ooosh

@thebearmay this switch is the best! ... However, do you know if there is a way to DISABLE dimming on the physical switch?

I know you can disable all physical inputs, but don't think you can just do the dimming.

That is what I did ... just wanted to make sure I didnt miss something in that list of options ...
I was hoping you could set the min. dim to 99, but it maxes out at 45 ...

Its all good, this switch does everything, if its physical/no-hub is all I have to omit, Im good.

Thanks!!

You should let @ericm and @Eric_Inovelli know...

2 Likes

The latest firmware allows a minimum of 98 I believe.

1 Like