Inovelli NZW37 not refreshing/reporting switch state

Sorry Eric did not work, still on same way.

Can you provide the following information to me in a PM? Watch the logs when you do the following and copy and paste them in the PM.

Turn the NZW37 on phsically:

1 tap on
1 tap off
2 tap turn channel 1 on
2 tap turn channel 1 off
3 tap turn channel 2 on
3 tap turn channel 2 off

Turn the NZW37 on through HE:

Parent on
Parent off
Channel 1 on
Channel 1 off
Channel 2 on
Channel 2 off

Wait a few seconds in between actions so they can stand out in the logs. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the help @emersonvier. We discovered that in certain situations Hubitat too quickly processes commands which can sometimes make the device state not update. Basically it can set the device to on/off and request its status so quickly that the device hadn't fully changed state before sending its status. This has been fixed in the driver with a delay between commands:

7 Likes

Eric, thank you for your work on this. I have this plug too and I love it, even better that you are active here.

I noticed the only Inovelli device left on Amazon is a door sensor?

Really looking forward to see the key fob when it comes out.

1 Like

I just updated my devices with this updated version of your driver and watched the state change in action on the dashboard tile. VERY NICE! Thank You for the fix sir!!

1 Like

For the NZW37 Switch Child Device, I simply added the refresh() method immediately after executing the childOn or childOff commands.

This isn't working consistently for me. Are there any other options?
dev:1772020-07-12 06:10:14.023 pm debuginitialize()

dev:1772020-07-12 06:10:14.022 pm debugconfigure()

dev:1772020-07-12 06:10:11.020 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'deviceNetworkId' on null object on line 281 (componentRefresh)

I am seeing a similar problem. I saw that there were a lot of "debug" entries for my 4 NWZ37 plugs and after doing some reading I saw that the Eric Maycock driver I had was old and had recently been updated so I removed all my rules involved and removed all 4 devices. I then updated the driver and as stated it created the 2 child devices for the plug automatically. Now those children DO show up a "Generic Component Switch". Upon re setting all my rules, I then saw that in Dashboard when I hit a "Switch" tile, it kept the "hourglass" running, I then had to go in and hit "refresh" on the device page. So none of my rules are working as a result and On and Off shows on the log but it does not change in the dashboard (or trigger the rules) until I manually hit refresh. Any ideas on what may be wrong or do I have to just enter the "refresh" command as shown above?

@wnc.dave @jsarcone I wonder if you have a different version of the plug than I do. Can you install the latest driver from Github and click "Save Preferences"? Then wait a few seconds and refresh the page. Let me know what is in these sections:

Hope this is what you wanted.

2 of the 4 are the "show home" models before they became Innovelli, the other 2 are their first run "Inovelli" labeled ones. The one I posted is one of the later. 7 /17 mfg.

State Variables

• oldLabel :
  • defaultG3 : []
  • defaultG2 : []
  • actualAssociation1 : [01]
  • defaultG1 : [01]

Current States

• checkInterval : 10920
  • lastActivity : 2020 Jul 14 Tue 3:44:22 PM
  • numberOfButtons : 1
  • switch : off

original was 6.26.2020. I just update 7.14.2020

Current States

• checkInterval : 10920
  • lastActivity : 2020 Jul 14 Tue 3:47:32 PM
  • numberOfButtons : 1
  • switch : off

State Variables

Okay, I loaded it yesterday, your too fast. Give me a couple minutes.

I quickly checked and refreshing is still needed.

Agreed. I fix the child refresh issue but the parent device is still an issue.
So, in the child device driver I put:

void on() {
parent.childOn(device.deviceNetworkId)
parent.childRefresh(device.deviceNetworkId)
}

void off() {
parent.childOff(device.deviceNetworkId)
parent.childRefresh(device.deviceNetworkId)
}

So if I turn on child it will refresh and update the parent. However, If I turn on the parent nothing is refreshed.
I will say the new DLH seems to be more responsive but still doesn't refresh.