Inovelli NZW37 not refreshing/reporting switch state

It appears to be a problem with the C-7. Worked fine on my C-3 , but on the C-7 there is NO status for the parent or child devices.

Good to know, I am sure a fix will work. One reason I am waiting to get a C5.

@Eric_Inovelli whats the difference between nzw37 and zw37?

Great question -- to my knowledge nothing (if you're referring to the ZW37 that's in market today under the Eva Logik brand). NZW37 was our model number whereas the ZW37 was the manufacturer's (we added an N, bc the manufacturer name started with an N).

I believe they still sell the ZW37 to this day.

You may have an original ZW37 that we sold for them before Inovelli was created under the Show Home name. If that's the case, there are some firmware upgrades with the NZW37.

I know this is confusing, I guess to clarify, what make/model do you have of ours?

1 Like

Thank you for the prompt response Eric.
The one i have is labeled zw37 and here is the picture of the box(attached). Does hubitat support fw upgrades?
If not, then i do a zwave usb stick. Thank you again

Oh dang, where did you find that relic?! Those were the first plugs we've ever sold and there are about 500 in the wild before we were allowed to sell under our own name.

Anyway, those unfortunately do not have the capability to be upgraded as it was original firmware made by the manufacturer (whereas the Inovelli ones -- non-Show Home we put the OTA capabilities on later).

However, to answer your question Hubitat does allow you to update the firmware via OTA using this: [RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

But again, unfortunately, this model (Show Home) does not allow OTA updates.

Hi Eric -- just curious if you saw the question above from earlier today about the NZW37's no longer updating their status?

Yeah, I'm just waiting for Eric M. to respond (I'm Eric H.) -- he's the firmware guy, I'm just here to paint pretty marketing pictures :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@geaux @salmanslim @bjcowles Are all of you using the C-7 hub?

I'm using the C-7

C-7 here too

@mike.maxwell Something strange is going on here with the C7 hub. It doesn't seem to be parsing multi-channel reports so the NZW37 isn't updating its status. In the zniffer I see the reports coming in.

A second strange thing is that the device has the node id "1" associated to group 1, but when I send out encapsulated commands the source ID is showing "2". Maybe I am missing something obvious there.

The driver is located here for reference. This device works with the older hub.

In this screenshot, here is the info for the commands:

8 - Basic Set from hub to NZW37 (source node is 2?)
10 - Switch Binary Report that is sent unsolicited to group 1 (node 1 src endpoint 0)
12 - Switch Binary Report that is sent unsolicited to group 1 (node 1 src endpoint 1)
14 - Switch Binary Report that is sent unsolicited to group 1 (node 1 src endpoint 2)

Yes, i am using the c7 new hub.

Ah damn well the plug works fine on smartthings. Its just that it shows up as zooz and shows 5 child devices on hubitat.

I got it on ebay lol :joy:

Hey, careful now, I have 2 of those! REAL early adopters! They still work great, you guys should have a museum for them or offer a trade in!

2 Likes

Just an update, we are working with the Hubitat peeps to get this figured out with their new hub.

4 Likes

I just migrated a small home to Hubitat C7 and they have one of these devices. They had SmartThings and it was working fine there. This version doesn't have the inovelli logo on it which may help identifying what version of firmware it has. The owner said it came in the Red Inovelli box so it's not one of the 500 pre Inovelli batches.

The driver installed correctly but the channel devices have the same issue no status and the tiles in the dashboards just have a "?" on them. I also can control the channels in various apps such as Scenes, Motions, and others. Looking forward to provide any information you may need to resolve this.

One more thing, using your driver neither the parent device or the children devices will work with the Amazon skill, Hubitat exports it but Amazon reports there is a problem with it.

Just curious if there are any updates on the C7 status issues?

Can you try with the latest Hubitat update? They have made a lot of Z-wave improvements.