Inovelli LZW42 Driver Stopped taking commands for color temperatuer

HI group. I have had the LZW42 for quite awhile and love them. They have worked perfectly since well before Halloween of 2020. Since one of the last Hubitat updates, they are no longer taking color temperature commands. I am using button controller to initiate the color and level and all of a sudden they stopped working. I removed button controller and still the same. So my brain finally kicked in and I started looking at the logs for the bulbs themselves and am seeing this:
dev:6422021-07-19 12:27:22.390 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method toInteger() on null object (setColorTemperature)

As you can see there appears to be something messed up in the driver where a method is no longer supported. Any ideas?

If you are using Hubitat's built-in driver for this, there is a bug that should be fixed in the next hotfix (I reported something similar). If you are using Inovelli's driver, this shouldn't cause that particular problem, but there is a related update they need to make to support all forms of setColorTemperature() that Hubitat recently introduced.

In the meantime, you should be able to work around the problem by using setColorTemperature() with only one parameter, the color temperature. Set the level as part of a separate command/action if needed. In Button Controller and RM, this is normally called something like "Set dimmer." Doing it separately should work until the Hubitat's driver is fixed and Inovelli's driver is updated, depending on which you're using--but same fix. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fix is coming in the next build

2 Likes

Thanks @bertabcd1234 and @bcopeland. I appreciate the quick responses and am looking forward to the fix.

1 Like

Any benefits on using the built in driver vs the inovelli?

1 Like

Sure.. The built-in is maintained by me :wink:

4 Likes

@bcopeland On your previous versions I noticed you had low bandwidth mode and filtering duplicate events is this included in the built in? By the way i toggled on (filter duplicate events) and i get out of repeated events still sometimes 7 or 8 times the same event

The built-in has been continuously maintained.. My community version has not.