Inovelli LZW36 - Fan dimmer % settings

I have the LZW36 successfully working with Hubitat. I would like to use the Aeotec Nanomote as a (sort of traditional) fan remote, to leave on the nightstand. When programming for the fan, I wanted to use 3 buttons as LOW MED HIGH and then HOLD one of those buttons for OFF. The issue I'm running into is when programming in RuleMachine, I send 33% as a dimmer command for LOW, MED is 66% and HIGH 100% but it doesn't seem to correlate. LOW MED AND HIGH all make the fan spin the same and the switch LED indicator shows roughly 50%. Are there infinite (100) fan speed settings, or does it only respond to blocks of numbers (like 1 to 40, 41 to 80, etc something like that)?

Hey @wogfun, What child device are you using for the fan? are you using the generic dimmer or the suggested Hampton Bay Fan component?

My Fan child device says Hampton Bay, and the Light child is generic component dimmer. Why is the fan device named Hampton Bay?

Have you tried issuing the setSpeed command to the component device rather than the setLevel? It's also right there in Rule Machine.

This component was originally created for the Hampton bay Fan controller.

Getting back to your original question in your Rule, Are you trying to adjust the Fans Speed by using the Activate Scenes, Adjust Shades or Fans? similar to the following?
This worked for me just fine.

@ericm, I'd also like to use this option allowing me to toggle fan speeds using one button using this RM setting:
However, when doing so, I get the following error:

Looks like the LZW36 driver needs further modification to support this.

Just a little faster than me ;)... Of course you're JohnWick... So that makes sense :smiley:

Set level should work as well as set speed. Can you post your rule machine rule? It sounds like it isn't sending the correct level.

@matthewschultz92 I have added the cycleSpeed command to the driver.

2 Likes

I am using the set dimmer speed. I finally got it working by using 20 for low, 65 med, 100 high.
I didn't know about the set fan speed but found it after looking at your screenshot, nice.