Inovelli Dimmer Smart Plug NZW39 stopped working after update to 2.2.9.134

Monday I decided to update from 2.2.8.x to 2.2.9.134 and one of my Z-Wave device which was working fine hasn't worked since the update. The Inovelli Dimmer Plug NZW39 which I have had working since my C4 days and migrated to C7 when the C7 came out has been working great. I did include into my network as a S0 device and never had any issues. (Hey I know this is chatty but the device was a test device and decided to repurpose it as a lamp controller).

Looking at the events for the device there has been none logged since the update and manually interacting with the device on the Hubitat to turn on or off produces no log records or events.

Poking around this morning I see that the device is no longer showing up as a S0 device which may be the key:

I am using the Inovelli driver for this device:

/**
 *  Inovelli Dimmer Smart Plug NZW39 w/Scene
 *  Author: Eric Maycock (erocm123)
 *  Date: 2017-10-18
 *  Copyright 2017 Eric Maycock
 *  Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except
 *  in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:
 *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed
 *  on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
 *  for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
 */

Any thoughts on getting this to work without excluding and re-including the device into the network?

I think you can, like with zigbee, reset the device and rediscover it. Don't exclude it, just set it in pairing mode again. Sometimes my hub will not acknowledge that it rejoined, but the device starts working, so I know the hub did something

Zwave doesn't work like ZigBee. When you include the device it will be assigned a new network address. But there is a silver lining to the device as register I can change the Device Network Id on the device page to the new device when it joins the network. Then I can do a force remove of the old network device.

So the steps I plan to take today is to change the ID on the existing device with a prefix of z making it z17. Then doing a Z-Wave exclude on the hub and then doing the 6 to 10 button pushes to have the device reset. Then doing a Z-Wave include but this time do no security, Then put the new address of the device address into the old device definition.

It's along the line of how I migrated originally from C-4 to C-7.

Just an update, surgery of my Z-Wave network was successful. Device is back on with a new address of 26 and working with the original configuration in rule machine and scenes.

1 Like