Inovelli Blue Zigbee... Install and setup issues

I am extremely frustrated with trying to setup my Inovelli Blue dimmer/switch. This is the second attempt, after giving up last year.

Today I have spent 3 hours, trying to setup and configure two dimmers. So far, this is what I can share:

• C7 running 2.3.7.146
  • Manager instal of [Inovelli Dimmer 2-in-1 Blue Series VZM31-SN] (confirmed up to date versions per Inovelli site Dec 22 2023)
  • Took many many time to add to Hubitat Including multiple factory resets as per Inovelli website
  • Watched the youtube by Inovelli (totally useless and no variable show in video)
  • Went through the setup, including changes the LED colours, and changing from switch to dimmer.
  • The lights work properly when manually turned on and off, with the set LED colours.
  • Devices show the correct "Type" under the "Device Information" as "Inovelli Dimmer2-in-2 Blue Series VZM31-SN"
  • When added to a dashboard to test control, I chose the template "Dimmer" and also tried "Switch" and the Dashboard does not control the lights...

%$@!%$#$%^@^%$*^$@ I am SO FRUSTERATED!!!

The Inovelli "support" is a generic Bot... with no ability to contact a real person, so I am reaching out here, in hope that someone can help.... PLEASE

Does everything control properly from the switches Device page in HE?

1 Like

Where did you purchase your switche(s)?

I’m asking because there was an initial batch that had Zigbee issues, and they replaced those for users that had issues. However, they didn’t ask for them back, so it is possible that some users might have resold them.

If purchased directly from Inovelli or their resellers, then I wonder if the issue might be with the location of the switch. Is it close enough to have a good signal strength going to them?

Do you have other Zigbee devices on your hub, and how well do they work?

The issue you describe with the switches are very unusual, especially if you have tried this with two different switches (or is it the same as last year?).

1 Like

I had the Hubitat hub about 20 feet away from the switches, and fearing it was a zigbee relay issue, I moved the hub about 5 feet from the hub… and it still took 10+ full factory resets on each of the two dimmers. This was consistent on 2 dimmers.

Having the hub 5 feet’s away seemed to improve the problem, but an hour later , the dashboard gave me the hourglass, and the light changed, but the dashboard didn’t reflect the change in status.

Sebastien, you might have hit the nail on the head!! I bought 3 switches through a Dealer in Toronto in Oct 2022, installed 2 and since then just used the switches manually, and moved onto other integrations (with kids it’s a very slow process, with no spare time to tinker!), when I couldn’t get them to connect.

So I will see if I have some of the effected switches and if they will replace them.

Appreciate the help!

1 Like

I quick "Thank you" to Sebastien!!! I reached out to Inovelli, completed the online form, and I now have two replacement switches on the way! I was expected a painful process, given i bought though a Canadian Dealer, but other than a picture of the unit, Inovelli replaced that immediately! Ironically the 3rd unit i had not installed, was a "newer" switch, even though all three were bought the same time. Super service from Inovelli!

5 Likes

Great to hear!

I’ve always been impressed with Inovelli. They have their heart in the right place, and make really awesome products!