Inovelli and Zooz

I have a Black series no neutral Inovelli switch and a Zooz Zen26 switch. I have not been able to pair either of these devices successfully. I install the device drivers as needed and when I pair I get a security key window. For Inovelli no matter what choices I make, select all or none it will not finish pairing. I hangs on initializing. The same can be said for the Zooz. I have been able to add Lutron switches with no problems what so ever.

Feeling frustrated.

What Hubitat do you have?

There are currenlty some issues with the C-7. Things are slightly better on inclusion after the software/firmware upgrade (but notable z-wave and routing issues persist).

What hub firmware are you on? There was a recent update, 2.2.3, that addressed many of these problems on the C-7 model that it sounds like you have. There is also a Z-Wave radio firmware update you need to do afterwards. Those steps are addressed in this post:

If that's still happening (or you prefer an older version for some reason), you could try the steps that were necessary for some 2.2.2 users with some devices:

As far as I know, Lutron does not make Z-Wave switches (and has only minimal entries in the Zigbee product space). These would have been added over the LAN if you have Caseta or RA2 and are not subject to Z-Wave/S2 issues that it sounds like you're experiencing above. If you meant Leviton, it's possible your devices have no security or S0, neither of which will prompt you like S2, and some devices seem to be easier to pair than others. I'm sure these issues will get sorted out in time. The C-7 was just released, 700-series Z-Wave hubs (like the C-7) are rare (Hubitat is probably the first), and not a lot of hubs support S2 yet, so there are likely issues to be worked out with all three. Hope things get better for you!

2 Likes

C-7
2.2.3 firmware,
update z wave firmware
no change

Well. I'd turn off any polling you're doing. Then, I'd try shutting the Hubitat down thru the menu (yanking the cord is strongly disouraged) then, once it is down, unplug it for a bit (a minute or so is best, although many say 30 seconds is fine). Plug it in.

Once it's back up, try the exclusion and inclusion right away. I've had better luck with that right after a reboot. And, when including several devices, found that rebooting was needed after every few tries (successful or not).

Hopefully, they'll shake out the bugs from this new device/release/firmware shortly and things will all work pleasantly. But, for the moment, it seems to sometimes take some "fiddling".

Good luck. :slight_smile:

Got the Zooz to work by rebooting hub. Going to try the inovelli now.

1 Like

Success! Thanks for the info. Would not have thought to upgrade the z wave firmware.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.