Inovelli and Zooz now slow since recent update

Since the latest update, two or three days ago, some of my Inovelli and Zooz switches are very slow to respond. Some seem to be fine but others can take several minutes for for the command to reach them if at all. At first I thought it was just one switch but soon realized it several.

Any thoughts? Thanks

I'm not sure what "the update" is (both Inovelli and Zooz have a history of releasing updates for their device firmware), but I assume you might mean Hubitat hub firmware 2.2.0. I don't see anything in the release notes that points towards Z-Wave changes or driver changes that might affect these devices, so maybe there are some other clues you can look at to narrow down the problem:

• Is this just the Inovelli and Zooz devices in particular? Do you have other Z-Wave devices you could try to see if you notice the same thing?
  • What is "slow"? Apps that run automations, or manual control (e.g., from the device page yourself by clicking the command buttons--just to rule out apps or other concerns).
  • Do you have Zigbee or LAN/cloud devices? Does this happen with them too? (Where I'm going here: is this a hub problem rather than one with these particular devices?)

Something that's also always good to consider is what custom apps and drivers you are running, especially ones that might be problematic or contribute to slowdowns, like the beta Chromecast integration.

EDIT: Also, while you shouldn't have to do this, if it's some hub slowdown issue, a reboot of the hub may at least temporarily relieve that problem. (Do it from Settings, not by pulling power.)

2 Likes

That’s easy to prove or disprove.

Use the Hubitat Diagnostic Tool and roll back. If they’re still slow, you have device or mesh issue that needs resolving.

3 Likes

To @bertabcd1234 ‘s point too, you may have unintentionally created the issue with the way you constructed a rule. Backup the current database and (independent of rolling back the platform) try a previous database before you made any recent changes or added any rules, or other custom apps or drivers.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Sometimes you just want to kick yourself. After taking all your suggestions and trying to figure this out up, down and sideways I took a step back and started thinking about my technical background. What are these switches? They are tiny computers. What is the first rule of fixing a computer issue? Reboot. I tripped the breaker, waited 1 minute and restored power. Problem solved. Thanks again. Great community!

1 Like