[INCIDENT] ZOOZ Double Plug (MODEL ZEN25)

I was the one who pushed this issue over a year ago...received the same wave off from @agnes.zooz then too. Unfortunate because I have at least 6 of these plugs, but can only use one without my network imploding. Zooz support is terrible and I will not be purchasing their products again.

4 Likes

Nope. I have it turned off, and they still crash my network within a few days of adding them to the network. Not only that, but there are some related settings that don't give you the optin to disable. With those I just set it to the longest possible time, retort every 24 hours.

This is frustrating to say the least.
I have two of these, one on the network and one sitting in a box, purchased this black Friday.
With these issues of two or more zen25s crippling networks, i effectively have half of what i purchased.
It would greatly benefit zooz to potentially issue a recall for hubitat users for these devices until issues are hammered out. Hell id be happy with even a partial/ full credit toward other known working zooz devices

2 Likes

@agnes.zooz : Is there any way we could help ? For me it's really easy to reproduce the issue. Are they testing other ZWave devices with few ZEN25 ? At least give us more info on the kind of tests you're doing. I'm sure lot of people here are willing to help. Your devices are interesting and if you can fix that problem you will sell many.

Agreed. I will be more than happy to send log or screenshot.

Not to hijack this thread, but @jtp10181 this is an interesting conversation going on in here, I have a Zooz device that is rerouting 100's of times a day, and I have no idea why. Seems awfully similar to this.

Here is the thread.

I guess you love Zooz support because you don't have many ZEN25 like we do :wink:

Yeah, I have great luck with their support and they answers emails very promptly. I don't own any ZEN25's so thankfully I haven't had the issues posted in this thread but it's pretty discouraging to see people have spent a lot of time and money on something that just isn't working for them and the issue has been going for so long. Just curious, have you seen issues with the Zen25's on other platforms? And why just the C7 I wonder? There are a lot of very smart people in these forums who really try and solve the issues, but this one appears to be a lingering one for a lot of them from reading these posts.

From what I read, the problem is only on the C7. I did not try on a different hub, even i was using smartthings before. I was able to use 2 of them without too many issues, but with 5 devices it became a mess.

Regarding Zooz support, what I don't understand is that agnes said that they are unable to replicate the problem. All of us here instantly get the problem with at least 3 ZEN25 and other zwave devices. Not sure their engineers are the best.

It's good that you got good support and have all your problems solve. I really like the device (ZEN25). If they were able to fix that problem that would be for me one of the best plug on the market.

1 Like

Just got bit by this issue. Racked my brain most of the day trying to figure out why my C7 hub wouldn't send/update ANY commands/statuses. Then it dawned on me that I just added a Zen25 to my setup when all these issues started happening. My house automations were crippled for the day. As soon as I got home, unplugged the unit from behind my massive hutch in prep to exclude it and everything started working OK. Before I excluded it. Clearly pointing to this unit as the culprit. Excluded and ready to go back to Amazon as it looks like there is no resolution yet.

If you need a slim profile plug with the double side outlets try and find this one (May be sold under some other brand names also). I got a slightly different model that is an always on outlet and one smart outlet on Amazon, EVA Logik brand, and it works great for behind the fish tank to turn the light on and off.

2 Likes

I'll "me too" too. I have had one zen25 on C7 for a while, things were fine. I just tried to add another to control LED christmas lights-- even though it added into the network fine, i suddenly got weird delays and devices that became unresponsive. I excluded the new zen25 and things got better.

1 Like

You can find the Eva Logik plugs easily on amazon. I have a couple and they've worked well for me.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VKKT7X7/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_ZPJYA3P17JXETPHV9F28

It spread across my house. I first noticed one group of switches not reporting their status, but still being controlled. Then they were completely uncontrollable. This spread across. Only a certain few devices on the complete opposite side of the house had some function until I unplugged the unit. Also my Zen25 was clearly used. The box was not packed back correctly. The sticker tabs already cut. And I had to factory reset the device so I could include it.

These look great. According to their site, the ZW37 has dual controlled smart outlets. However I can't find this unit on Amazon. Only the ZW36. Which is 1 smart and 1 always on outlet.

1 Like

I only needed one controlled outlet (other is for a fridge that I don't want to turn off unless I unplug it manually) so I never noticed the dual wasn't available. It's pretty low-profile, works well as a repeater for my Linear garage door and Water Cop water valve, which is why I placed it between them and the hub.

@agnes.zooz : You said that you cannot reproduce the problem ? On a C-7 hub, use 3 ZEN25 devices and install HUB WATCHDOG app and configure it so it will automatically turn on and off another device. For sure you will see delays and then you'll be able to reproduce the problem. PLEASE, i want to use my 5 ZEN25 devices !

4 Likes

Thank you for the tip! Can you confirm if it's the C-7 on the latest release with just 3 ZEN25 plugs and no other devices added to the hub so I can submit this request to our engineers?

Hi Agnes, I put two of them in my unused bin two months ago so I can’t confirm the latest SW release, but all the releases up to the latest.

I see no reason to believe that an update from the HE side would have any impact since the issue has been there from the C7 initial release.

Yes I am using the latest release but it was the same behavior with previous release. By using this app you will get a log of what's happening when trying to power in a device, you will see the delays it took. But on my side I was dealing with other devices too. But start using 3 ZEN25 and run HUB WATCHDOG and you should find something. Let us know please.

1 Like

Sounds good, we'll set up the test environment to see if we can replicate it.

2 Likes