In need of Zigbee mesh help on C-8

Nope I went all in on Kasa and the Kasa integration instead. Have like 10 Innr 224s though sitting in a cupboard!!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only have one sonoff multi sensor and it appears to be doing what it should be so no issues with that so far. None of the other things you mention in play with my setup.

I've long been using Eero, but I just have one Pro6 (small house) -- I've never had reason to suspect that any of the many eeros I had over the years has ever messed with any of my ZB stuff. From what I can tell using Apple's old AirPort Utility app and other sniffer-like apps, my Eero's 2.4 stays in pretty low channels (as hoped).

My Hue's forever been on ch 20, and my old C7 used to be on Ch 15. But as I mentioned earlier, I moved my C8 to ch 25 to ensure the widest possibe deconfliction. So far, so good.

The Sonoff sensors and usb dongles have worked great for me, just the plugs that are weak as far as I know.
If it’s just the Kwikset locks that are problematic, maybe try pulling the batteries for 15 seconds and putting them back in to see if they grab a better repeater. I have 2 x 914s and 2 x 916s in service for 4 years now without an issue, so it’s definitely possible. I have 3 Sonoff zigbee 3.0 dongles on my C-8 that most of my battery devices route through. I have quite a few of the GE Zigbee 1.2 dimmers that have worked well, but the 1 GE Zigbee 3.0 dimmer I bought was quickly relegated to my lights hub (C-5) because it seemed to cause certain battery devices to drop off the mesh.

And of course since the universe hates us and won't allow an easy fix that works the same for everyone, I have a bunch of older Zigbee 1.2 plugs in my currently stable C8 Zigbee mesh. I also have a somewhat smaller supply of Zigbee 3.0 repeaters (mostly plugs + several SonOff USB dongle repeaters). So removing the older plugs wasn't a part of the changes that stabilized my Zigbee mesh. But I sure wouldn't try talking someone out of giving it a whirl, this is a very YMMV area.

2 Likes

Good point! I'll be more careful in the future to not generalize that point that way.

I still think having the repeaters carry the load is key to things, but now I'm leery to opine about which repeaters to lean on - it's just so darn environmentally dependent!

2 Likes

It certainly seems to have been one of the keys (maybe most important?) to my current C8/Zigbee happiness. :slight_smile:

2 Likes