Improve Drivers and Apps listings

Streamlining my environment - removing unwanted, unused (read - unnecessary) items benefits me - it would be useful to flag drivers by usage - ie; a column that shows a count or names/list of devices using it. Same with Apps - having them in your Apps list is nice, but if it is unloaded / not init'd it'd be nice so I could click and remove.

3 Likes

As a workaround, you can use the "Type" column in both the Apps and Devices pages to determine the usage. But I agree, would be nice to have that info on the same page as the code.

are you refering to the Device page? I was in the developer tools section - I don't see a type listing. Xrefing it with... excel seems to be a bit painful.

In the Device listing, you can order by the Type column to display devices by the driver they use, to assess if any are using the driver you are interested in:

The same idea is available in the Apps page:

Neither is an entire solution, you still need to target a driver or app you are interested in assessing usage for, so having it listed for you in the Drivers Code and Apps Code pages, like you requested, would be preferable. I only offer it as an alternative option.

How, exactly?

3 Likes

Fair point.... It's nice to remove the noise, but ultimately the inconvenience or impact generally is likey low...

1 Like

I would think a feature request should offer some justification re: why it should be prioritized over other possible uses of developer time.

2 Likes

Just because..... Isn't that enough.... :wink: Ok I think I can answer my own question...

1 Like

FWIW, you can just try to delete app or driver code. If it's being used by something, it won't let you.

In other words, no need to check first.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.