importUrl in Definition for Apps?

@chuck.schwer Thank you for this. I love it and use it all the time in my device drivers. Two questions:

• It doesn't seem to work for apps. Is it supposed to?
  • Is there any way for me to programmatically iterate the drivers and then be able to get the code for each? We could write something to start using the importUrl and then diff what's there versus what's in the hub to determine if updates are available.

Ping on this. Does the importUrl work on apps? I know it remembers it after I import from a URL but does pasting code work to update the import text field?

Yeah, app support was added quite a long time ago.

And to answer my other old question, we can reverse engineer the HTTP calls to add and retrieve drivers. I believe that is the basis of what @dman2306 did for the package manager.

@MFornander What isn't working for you?

Thanks for that info. @Sebastien was reporting it as not working over at:

I'll look over my code to verify I didn't mistype a key. So you don't need the importUrl line at the top and can just use the importUrl in the definition?

Correct. You should have it in there because if you don't it goes away when an app without it is imported. If it is in the definition then when you press the import button it auto-populates the URL.

But anyway... on my second hub I just created a new app, left the editor blank, and pasted this into the import URL popup...

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/codahq/hubitat_codahq/master/apps/ifttt-anounce-end-point.groovy

and it worked just fine. That's one of my apps that doesn't have an import URL yet but it still comes in fine.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify that. You rock Ben :wink:

1 Like

Ah! Actually it's the opposite. The issue is this:

Paste (don't import) in groovy code from:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MFornander/Hubitat/master/apps/SwitchDashboard/SwitchDashboard-parent.groovy

Both @Sebastien and I thought that the import box would be populated if we hit the import button after adding an app that has an importUrl entry in the description.

It looks like the import field is only populated by the previous import, not from Groovy code.

The workflow above works fine on Drivers but not on Apps it seems like (just tried it).

1 Like

Ah, yep. I see that. I think that may have worked in the past. I have a few apps with import URLs that have never used the import button and there is no filled in import URL.

@chuck.schwer Can you fix that? Apps are not pre-filling the import URL when the import button is pressed.

1 Like