Im far from a video snob, but biased lighting at 5600k is awesome. $16

2 Likes

Is there a Hubitat driver for this?

Generic

Yes, that is a zigbee LED light strip.

Are these Zigbee repeaters? From another thread it sounds like they might be. I just ordered 3 of these but will cancel if someone confirms they are bad repeaters. I have one hub, and Sage bulbs destroyed my Zigbee until I removed them all.

In general, I wouldn’t bet on a zigbee bulb device to repeat well in a ZHA mesh like the one Hubitat creates.

However I have a few of the sylvania smart+ Flex strip controllers, and I haven't noticed any issues with my zigbee mesh that I could attribute to them being repeaters.

They do apparently repeat, you can check by pointing a browser window to http://YOUR_HUB_IP/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

I had tons of problems with the older Sylvania Osrams. Messed up my Zigbee, got rid of all them including the strips and replaced with Sengled. Can't speak for the Smart+ Version

1 Like

I ordered two sets as this normally runs about $60 bucks each for 16feet. There a numerous threads about Sylvania/Osram devices. Yes, they do work directly with Hubitat, but depending on what zigbee chip they have they can disrupt your mesh (and from what I learned on this forum you have no way of knowing which it has). However, getting another hub (another Hubitat, or even the Lightify gateway) will allow you to have these devices outside of your normal zigbee mesh. That is what I've done and besides one troublesome bulb I haven't had any other issues.

The flex lights have always been super reliable for me - color, control, and longevity.

Yea, three 16' strips for under $50, I couldn't resist. I'll make it work either with the gateway, or the ST hub.

1 Like