I'm a newbie again... Yey!

Hey everyone... I'm moving over to the dark side!!

I'm loving the setup so far, but I'm only bench testing a few things now before I roll it out fully.

First question, where can I find the source code for the built in Hubitat drivers?

I can't get Adrian's enhanced arrival sensor code to work, but the default driver works fine... I'd like to examine the differences.

7 Likes

The source code for built-in drivers and apps is not available.

In the near future we will post the source code for some of the built-in virtual device drivers to provide examples of drivers and how these virtual ones work.

1 Like

okā€¦ does anyone have any thoughts what might be wrong with the driver I posted above?

Iā€™m not worried about battery / beep etcā€¦ Iā€™d just like to retain the enabled / disabled function, but itā€™s not updating presence state whether enabled or not.

Best way to get started is open up the realtime log in a separate tab or browser so you can refer to it (thereā€™s no saved logfiles) and then click things. The generated error codes will help you narrow down what specifically isnā€™t working.

St wrote a custom internal parse method for this device, obviously we don't have that since it follows no published spec since it's a custom cluster. If all you're looking for is a way to disable these, I can add that, just let me know how that feature is supposed to work.

1 Like

Itā€™s useful when going on holiday and we donā€™t want to take the fobs with usā€¦ we just disable them and leave in a drawer.

Also, I always keep a fob spare to give to guests staying more than a few days. Itā€™s written into all relevant automations but I keep it disabled most the timeā€¦ when used I just need to quickly enable it.

Itā€™s also useful for when I want to appear away to other family members, but still be at home.

I could pull the battery but the little tabs are very easy to breakā€¦ I could also use a simulated switch as an override for each sensor but that just clutters up the device list.

Another use some might like is to have a fob for a cleaner / nanny etc. and manually control when it should work.

If itā€™s not too much trouble Iā€™d really appreciate the addition.

Thanks!

I get the use case, I just donā€™t want to implement a custom command to turn it on and offā€¦
Need to ponderā€¦,

1 Like

Take it custom commands arenā€™t so easy to add then? In ST itā€™s just a line at the top and a def further downā€¦ is that not the case with Hubitat?

Iā€™ve never automated the function thoughā€¦ always been a manual thing as-and-when, so not having the custom command is no biggieā€¦ just need the switch.

They are easy to add (I invented a way to use them), but not many apps can use them. so I can add a preference option to enable/disable it. On the newer models I can adjust the check in interval, which will extend battery life when not in use.
I donā€™t think changing the check in is possible on the two older models as it appears hard coded in the device.

1 Like

Iā€™m using webCoRE which (should) be able to see the custom commandsā€¦ but I havenā€™t done much testing yet.

WebCoRE canā€™t see the ā€˜contactā€™ attribute of a virtual contact sensor though, so not holding my breath on that.

Glad to see you here @Robin !
Hoping webCoRE on Hubitat gets more traction with your arriving on the Hubitat scene :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have webCoRE working to a point, but itā€™s buggy as hell and Iā€™m not the one to fix that!!

Iā€™m a webCoRE power user, but not a coder by any stretch of the imagination!!

With Adrian working for ST now, it would be a huge conflict of interest for him to help out, but hopefully someone will come allong and fix all the glitches!

RuleMachine may not be as feature packed or user friendly, but it works well for basic automations and meets the needs of most.

1 Like

There's an entire thread dedicated to just that. Check it out below:

1 Like

Welcome to over here!

I haven't kept up on that news closely enough, but I sure hope that webCoRE remains a "community"-based Smart App rather than co-opted by SmartThings.

1 Like

+1 Hopefully we can generate some community support for webCoRE on Hubitat.

I've installed @ogiewon's port and have been able to create a simple piston, but it didn't execute properly. That exhausts my expertise.

@CAL.hub

Can you share your ā€˜simple pistonā€™ā€¦ maybe the problem is something simple?

Iā€™ve got some fairly complex stuff running nowā€¦

Agree with that.
One of the first things I did was to screen my webCoRE pistons to identify everything that time critical and try to find a way to move them to Rule Machine. Somehow, even if webCoRE also runs locally, the overhead on it makes it nearly 40-60% slower than Rule Machine in most comparable scenarios. Its not a large variation in terms of seconds, but its still noticeable even in the most basic tasks. (Unless I am doing something wrong).

However, in terms of laying out complex logic or even connecting to web-hooks or external end-points, webCoRE absolutely excels! So most of my climate control and device monitoring tasks still run on webCoRE.

1 Like

Good news that youā€™re having success. It will greatly ease my transition if pistons can execute on Hubitat. Be happy to share. Glad for the help. I have to get to another computer that will take a little while - perhaps late Friday your time.

2 Likes

It would also be helpful if you could share the errors observed in your Logs section, at the time when the pistonā€™s execution fails.

1 Like

Thanks again. It's just a test piston that responds to power switch from an Iris 3210-L and speaks a command on TTS devices (LANnouncer). The log shows the event but nothing actually executes. Ideas?

1 Like