Ikea trip: What to buy?

It should be supported by Hubitat inbuilt drivers in a future update

1 Like

I have several of the Ikea Tradri Control Outlets. They sure are large and clunky, so I've had to strategically place them in hidden locations around my house. But, they seem to be the magic glue that keeps all my other Zigbee devices (All Aqara stuff) behaving properly.

3 Likes

@rfg81 do you have the Ikea Air Quality sensor?
Anyone else?

1 Like

These are more expensive, but it's accurate (according to others that have compared it against much more expensive air quality sensors), and it has tVOC, PM2.5, CO2, AQI, temp, and humidity. I also like that it has an on-device display and it's compatible with HA (and thus you can create triggers in HE). You can also simultaneously use the Mijia Mi Home app with it if you like.

1 Like

I don't. My local ikea doesn't have it in stock.

It became available at both local stores and online here.

I started working on a driver for HE.

5 Likes

It's not in stock locally yet.

A couple more weeks apparently.

Hmmm, $12.49 or $49.99... :thinking:

I'll be eagerly waiting for the driver. I picked one of these up earlier this week and have it connected as a generic temp/humidity sensor. I've done some very simple virtual device drivers, but creating one for a Zigbee sensor is beyond my capability.

2 Likes

@Ranchitat
$49.99.

1 Like

Awesome. I just picked one up as well. Let me know if you need any assistance with the driver :). I was going to start digging in, but won't bother since you're working on it!

2 Likes

Kris, if you were going to make a dedicated driver, please go ahead - I will help! : )

It will take me some more time to come up with a driver ready to be tested by others, as I have started a big project trying to gather all my code into a single driver for all Tuya devices, ready and waiting for the time when Hubitat will implement the many times requested Dynamic Capabilities feature in HE.

Ikea VINDSTYRKA Air Quality Monitor uses the standard clusters for the temperature and the humidity, so these work out of the box. Temperature sensor accuracy is only 1 deg. (no decimal part). The Humidity sensor is extremely sensitive however, the relative humidity starts to rise quickly just 2-3 seconds after I put my hand at the back of the device!

The pm2.5 reports are sent from 0x042a cluster, you need to bind and configure the reporting intervals :

zigbee.configureReporting(0x042a, 0, 0x39, 30, 60, 1)

The tVOC numbers (0..500) are also available, but I can't configure the reporting interval in any way! : ( The device bombards the hub with data every single second! :frowning:

So tVOC reporting is disabled this way :

["zdo unbind 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 0x${device.endpointId} 0x01 0xfc7e {${device.zigbeeId}} {}", "delay 251", ]

An interesting reading on what is VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds ) index :

What is inside Ikea's VINDSTYRKA : (link)

Youtube video :

tVOC testing:

2 Likes

I will be using this table to map the airQualityIndex to airQualityLevel :

Source : www.airnow.gov

1 Like

I think this is the one that my frient uses.

1 Like

Wow, do you live in the mountains? :slight_smile: AirQualityIndex: 1 :exclamation:

Here are mine :

And this was a test, blowing some cigarette smoke toward the Ikea sensor:

VINDSTYRKA says: smoking is Very Unhealthy! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

The updated new link to the 'VINDSTYRKA Air Quality Monitor' driver is :

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kkossev/Hubitat/development/Drivers/VINDSTYRKA%20Air%20Quality%20Monitor/VINDSTYRKA_Air_Quality_Monitor_lib_included.groovy

If the device was already paired to HE, it is always best first to delete it (REMOVE DEVICE red button at the bottom of the device page) and then pair it again. This driver should be automatically selected. VINDSTYRKA pairs very quickly and without any problems to both C-7 and C-8 hubs!

The driver is in a rather untested alpha stage, but it works (at least at my environment : ) ) .
The default Preferences should look like this:

The pm2.5, temperature and humidity are reported automatically by the sensor. The air quality (tVOC) is retrieved periodically as configured in the preferences.

7 Likes

I'm in the US, and I've bought their inexpensive repeaters and outlet modules. The outlets are inexpensive but pretty large, so I've now opted to buy the Sonoff brand which is more compact. One rather expensive purchase was a IKEA Fuytur Blind which I've paired with Hubitat through Zigbee. These blinds work very well, but they only come in one color (gray). The rechargable battery for the blind seems to work for several months. Although IKEA also sells remote button controllers, I don't think any of them work very well (or at all) with Hubitat. If only IKEA sold cheap door/window sensors.

I installed the alpha driver today and it seems to be working, but I'm seeing the airQualityLevel going from Good to Moderate to Unhealthy without any indications on the unit's display that anything is wrong. Is the aQL reported directly from the sensor or is it interpreted from some values it reports?

Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF

Guess what I'm buying next time I goto Ikea now. :smiley:

Any idea does it act as a repeater?