IKEA TRÅDFRI support

Fair enough.

I think this issue crops up because potential owners do not check the Full List of Compatible Devices prior to purchase. Therefore, I strongly recommend a change from "Full List of Compatible Devices with Hubitat" to either "Confirm Specific Device Compatibility here" or "Check Specific Device Compatibility here".

4 Likes

Thank you very much :slight_smile:
I have followed Hubitat for a long time while waiting for wig-wag (who was bought by AMD and issued a refund)
So I had an intermediate IKEA setup that grew and grew.
With the notion on the website I did assume that my IKEA setup would work with a 200$ hub.

I do not mind startups, it is an interesting jurney :slight_smile:
But I have a self of shame with a single showpiece product: The Emotiv Insight.
I know of no one who has gotten it to work. (and yes, I know several other researchers who got one)
Emotiv makes great EEG meters in their EPOC series, but the Semi-dry polymer of the Insight was an utter failure.
The reason for it to be a show-piece: You can still buy them and there is absolutely no admission of error.

So while I got burned and need to buy new motion sensors and switches to use the Hubitat, I am at least happy that others will not experience the same disappointment.

It takes years to build up trust in a brand or product.
But it can fall so fast.

Due to good faith I will retire Hubitat from the shelf of shame.
..but I will retract from this forum and if I hear someone in my network is looking for a local hub, then recommend Hubitat, but note that it does not work with IKEA outside of bulbs/repeaters and recommend that they do not visit the forum due to a community that is extremely hostile to feedback.

I have only seen such toxicity 2-3 times in my life, with fans so extremely dedicated that feedback is met with hostility.
While I have heard good words on the NinjaBlock community and heard much praise of Hubitat as a product.
Now I understand why I did not hear praise of the Hubitat community.
Please consider that people posting here are fellow customers.
They have already bought the product.
Demeaning them will in no way help the product.
It reflects really badly on the Hubitat brand.

I will remove my E-mail so I don't get any more updates from this forum and convert my home-automation back to be on the IKEA hub, apart from one room where there is no automation apart from a timer, which works with the hubitat.

If I win the lottery and get the money to replace everything with Hubitat compatible products I will look into that.
Because Hubitat is teh superior product if you have devices that work with it.

2 Likes

While you are entitled to your opinion here, I think the DATA/FACTS would suggest that is a mischaracterization of the forums and community as a whole. There are very few threads and topics that have gotten negative on here, and the mods quickly address it.

There have been many threads where people state things as fact that are actually opinion, and people call them on that. But I think that is to be expected - that is a just a differing of subjective opinions.

I'm fine with anyone having whatever opinion they deem appropriate, but don't spread misinformation. And in any case, good luck on your HA endeavors.

4 Likes

I'm migrating from ST and have about 25 IKEA Tradfri LED GU10 and six of the 10W/30W LED Tradfri driver units.

I was really struggling to get lighting automatons to work with these, trying a few different Generic Light options. Everything works fine (finally) with the driver set to "Advanced Zigbee Bulb" for both the bulbs and LED driver units. The lights are all reporting state correctly back to the hub, and the option for fade in/out work as expected too :slight_smile:

1 Like