Ikea TRÅDFRI smart plugs, two in one twin socket outlet?

I'm planning to use the TRÅDFRI plug to control my washing machine and my dishwasher. Presently both are plugged into the same twin 13A outlet under my kitchen sink, and their combined power draw means that I don't have much choice other than to use two TRÅDFRIs here, plugged in alongside each other.

Ordinarily I wouldn't choose to plug two radio devices alongside each other. Is this likely to be a problem for the TRÅDFRIs and the Hubitat Elevation?

I don't think you can physically put 2 of them into one outlet. They are weirdly shaped. Sonoff (also zigbee) and TPLink (wifi) ones you can stack 2 per outlet. I'm sure there are many other brands as well.

There's just no way:

You could use little shorty extension cord to get the one away from the wall.

VS:

1 Like

I have several very close together (Tradfri, Sengled, Third Reality) and it doesn't seem to bother them.

In my trials, I have found that the Sonoff outlet plugs are not that good a repeater.
The new innr 242 and 244 seem to be much better.

Thanks dstutz for your fulsome reply to my question. My thanks to the others who have replied here too.

The UK twin 13A outlet is wide enough to allow two TRÅDFRI plugs to sit alongside each other (see photo), so space is not an issue. Not keen on using an extension chord to separate the plugs, since they are in a busy cupboard under the kitchen sink.

The other comments here that suggest that radio interference shouldn't be a problem are reassuring and welcome.

Been thinking: if the mesh network ends up allocating both plugs to the same channel, is it possible to allocate each plug to a separate channel from the hub (a bit like allocating a static IP address to a WiFi device)?

Thanks again,

John

Oh that's awesome you have room. The US got shafted by them just re-using that same form factor which doesn't work so great for us. There should be no issue having multiple repeaters next to each other like that. It's a mesh network and you are just adding more points for stuff to travel through.