IKEA Trådfri Outlet

Try hitting configure again in the device page. I had similar when initially installing Tradfri and that sorted it. Also check it is using the Tradfri driver

2 Likes

Well, f*ck me. That worked immediately. I had to unlink/relink from Google Home but it now works like a charm. I even remembered to power cycle it before I posted, too. Couldn't believe I spent 15 minutes writing it instead of clicking around first.

That was literally the fastest customer support experience I ever had in my life. Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Hi @mike.maxwell

Sorry to revive this old thread, but i was wondering if these IKEA buttons are thrown in the "unusable drawer" for good..?
I'm a soon-to-be HE user (coming from ST), and the On/Off buttons that comes with the Tradfri Outlets, and the Open/Close buttons that comes with the IKEA Zigbee roller blinds, are the last on my current device list that doesn't have the "Works with HE" stamp..

They where made natively supported in ST around a year ago:

But i don't know which tricks they pulled to make it happen..
Just wanted to check in, and please let me know if i could do anything to help get these buttons working in HE.. :slight_smile:

Nope. The staff has made it clear they won't (or if they do it is very low priority).

Many other hubs (smartthings, homeassistant with DeCONZ, ZHA, Ikea hub, Hue hub, etc) have this capability bu not Hubitat.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks for the heads up @helene7t7.
I had been searching for this kind of reason and info, but couldn't find it anywhere..

I know it's an old thread, but I thought I would chime in as it seems that I may have found a way to use the steering remote the same way it worked in ST. This issue appears to be the order is backwards between ST and HE for which devices need to be paired first.

I posted the details here: https://community.hubitat.com/t/ikea-color-temperature-bulbs-with-remote-update-solved-it/49536?u=tray_e

Also, @AnubizDK, you might give this a try

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.