Ikea TRÅDFRI LED 800 lm Pairing Help?

Looks to me like you probably should remove and factory reset. Here is what I have from my data portion. I am using the built in Generic Zigbee CT Bulb driver at the moment.

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 50
  • firmwareMT: 117C-2802-10021655
  • inClusters: 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0008,0300,0B05,1000,FC7C
  • manufacturer: IKEA of Sweden
  • model: TRADFRI bulb E26 CWS 800lm
  • outClusters: 0019
  • softwareBuild: 1.0.021

Here is the pairing instructions I had used:
https://3m7c2370ef.execute-api.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/deviceListPublic#

Search for Ikea

BTW, I am on a C4 Hub and I paired the bulb within 15 ft of the hub...just in case you're trying it further away...

I am on a C-4 too and the bulb is about 6 feet away.

Did the reset and re paired...this is the pairing screen and pairing info, just doesn't make sense!

1 Like

I have given up. Defeated and frustrated. Thanks for the additional info.

Sorry bud...the only thing I can recommend now is try to ensure your hub is rebooted recently. Not sure what else other than reaching out the Hubitat support or the other community members.

This is exactly the same problem as described here Help needed - Zigbee devices that do not work in HE

@mike.maxwell at Hubitat needs such a device loaned to track down the reason for the problem.

Yes I saw that post, but why does @walksonair who has the same device and Hub hardware work? I guess thats why Mike M needs the hardware! Does he live near an IKEA store :slight_smile:

I am in Canada so its not easy to get the bulb to him.

1 Like

@WetCoaster, have you tried a new Ikea bulb of the same kind? Could it be a defective build? I have two and they're working the same fwiw.

Most probably these are from different batches, respectively different SoC (zigbee System-On-Chip) and different Zigbee stack versions. What we see as 'endpoint 01 application ' is the specific application version (LED controller, or bulb, or socket control application), but the ZIgbee stack version behind is not known.

Can we compare the MAC / IEEE IDs of the working and not working devices?
It is shown as Zigbee Id:

Bulb1: A49E69FFFE3B1B0D
Bulb2: A49E69FFFE4A1F8D

My bulb has the following ZigbeeID

So these Ikea bulbs are using one and the same SoC made by Silicon Laboratories, but :
@WetCoaster - batch registered on 01 September 2021
@walksonair - batch registered on 20 May 2022

Thanks for the info. Can I tell from the packaging what batch I am buying? the old batch or the new batch? They probably sent the old stuff to Canada :slight_smile: or perhaps it's printed on the bulb base itself.

1 Like

There is no way to tell until it is paired to a Zigbee coordinator.
That's why it is important Hubitat engineers to receive a sample of the particular device from the particular batch that is not identified correctly during HE Zigbee pairing procedure.

I just bought these last weekend from the Seattle Ikea...and they're always going through stock so maybe they got a pretty recent batch? @WetCoaster When did you get yours?

About 6 weeks ago from IKEA in Richmond just south of Vancouver, BC

Would it be economical for you to take a trip back and exchange? Maybe have better luck this around? Sorry you're going through this trouble...FWIW, this is my 2nd and 3rd Zigbee products..as I'm usually a Zwave user.

I could do that but then I might still get the bad batch!

I am primarily ZigBee. I only have one ZWave device. IKEA Tradfri devices are throughout my system, Bulbs &, Outlets & Repeaters. They have worked very well for me and this E26 colour bulb is my first failure.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.