Ikea TRÅDFRI LED 800 lm Pairing Help?

I did a search and saw many folks are using their Ikea bulbs with HA. No many say they're going through a hub so I thought I'd take a chance when I was at my local store and get the below pictured bulb for a Symfonic base.

I am trying the 6 power cycles but nothing is happening. Can anyone assist in helping me get this bulb paired? Or maybe I should go get another bulb (perhaps Zwave since that is my main mesh network)? Truth be told, my spidey senses are tingling with the thought I may need an Ikea hub/intermediary device?

Well, I just took it to the bathroom wall sconce and tried the 6 power cycles and it works now. Shame on me for not expanding my experiments. Keeping this here in case anyone else needs to see my pain/journey.

Can confirm it works out of the box and there's a wonderful community driver for it that allows changing color to almost anything! Hubitat rocks!

2 Likes

Can I ask what is the name of the driver you are using for that Bulb?

Hi, the driver name is "IKEA Tradfri RGBW Light" with the below initial metadata. I found it by searching for "Ikea" in the Hubitat Package Manager.

definition (name: "IKEA Tradfri RGBW Light",
            namespace: "piratemedia",
            author: "Eliot Stocker")

Be advised that when I initially paired the bulb, it showed up as DEVICE and then I manually changed it over after getting into the device details page. There is not a need to have the driver before pairing.

PAIRING TIP: don't cycle the power too fast. Do wait a moment for the light to come on. I think I started the power cycle from the on state. I DID have to perform the unpair procedure first and can confirm the bulb dims (slightly for me) to give feedback.

No I dont think I have met you before as I have not been to Renton, although I do live relatively near in White Rock BC Canada.

Well re the bulb, I have not been successful. My hub recognizes the bulb as a Xiaomi Motion sensor! The light does dim after pairing but changing the driver to the one you indicated does not work:)

I did change the driver to 'Device' and removed all the states etc but still it does not operate after repairing and changing the driver, very wierd.

If you have any more suggestions feel free.

thanks again for trying to help. Just for the record here are the various stats from the bulb I am seeing on the device info page.

The data portion just does not seem right

1 Like

Looks to me like you probably should remove and factory reset. Here is what I have from my data portion. I am using the built in Generic Zigbee CT Bulb driver at the moment.

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 50
  • firmwareMT: 117C-2802-10021655
  • inClusters: 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0008,0300,0B05,1000,FC7C
  • manufacturer: IKEA of Sweden
  • model: TRADFRI bulb E26 CWS 800lm
  • outClusters: 0019
  • softwareBuild: 1.0.021

Here is the pairing instructions I had used:
https://3m7c2370ef.execute-api.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/deviceListPublic#

Search for Ikea

BTW, I am on a C4 Hub and I paired the bulb within 15 ft of the hub...just in case you're trying it further away...

I am on a C-4 too and the bulb is about 6 feet away.

Did the reset and re paired...this is the pairing screen and pairing info, just doesn't make sense!

1 Like

I have given up. Defeated and frustrated. Thanks for the additional info.

Sorry bud...the only thing I can recommend now is try to ensure your hub is rebooted recently. Not sure what else other than reaching out the Hubitat support or the other community members.

This is exactly the same problem as described here Help needed - Zigbee devices that do not work in HE

@mike.maxwell at Hubitat needs such a device loaned to track down the reason for the problem.

Yes I saw that post, but why does @walksonair who has the same device and Hub hardware work? I guess thats why Mike M needs the hardware! Does he live near an IKEA store :slight_smile:

I am in Canada so its not easy to get the bulb to him.

1 Like

@WetCoaster, have you tried a new Ikea bulb of the same kind? Could it be a defective build? I have two and they're working the same fwiw.

Most probably these are from different batches, respectively different SoC (zigbee System-On-Chip) and different Zigbee stack versions. What we see as 'endpoint 01 application ' is the specific application version (LED controller, or bulb, or socket control application), but the ZIgbee stack version behind is not known.

Can we compare the MAC / IEEE IDs of the working and not working devices?
It is shown as Zigbee Id:

Bulb1: A49E69FFFE3B1B0D
Bulb2: A49E69FFFE4A1F8D

My bulb has the following ZigbeeID

So these Ikea bulbs are using one and the same SoC made by Silicon Laboratories, but :
@WetCoaster - batch registered on 01 September 2021
@walksonair - batch registered on 20 May 2022

Thanks for the info. Can I tell from the packaging what batch I am buying? the old batch or the new batch? They probably sent the old stuff to Canada :slight_smile: or perhaps it's printed on the bulb base itself.

1 Like