Do they operate fine on their own hub?
Question: do the ikea bulbs NOT retain firmware updates unless theyâre paired to an ikea hub ?
Just wondering if testing a couple of ikea GU10âs is going to be more expensive than I initially thought.
They keep the firmware they have unless paired to the ikea hub for updates.
Pair and operate no issues at all.
Makes it even stranger. I have 13 here all working fine. What a bummer.
which ones do you have, on Hue or HE ?
The ZLL ârepeaterâ thing sure seems to unnecessarily complicated things.
Add in ikea saying that you need a âsteering deviceâ to pair their lamps to their hub and I get very confused. 
its a newb thing.
The bulb needs to be controlled by motion/button/switch. So to make sure its setup no issues you have to pair a "controller" before you pair a bulb. you can even pai multi controllers per bulb (motion + button)
I have 13 GU10s, 4 e14s, 5 puck dimmers and 3 TRĂ DFRI LED dimmer units. All stay connected to HE fine.
I have Hue, but donât use Ikea on them, I havenât had much success with that.
Donât pay attention to what Ikea states
theyâre all just Zigbee devices at the end of the day.
Are you pairing anything with them prior to trying to pair with HE?
Freaking lamps, theyâre such time wasters !
Weâve all got better things to do and Philips knows this and blatantly fleeces us, of our hard earned !
Obviously a non repeating, GU 10 lamp at a decent price (sub $25.00) is out of the question !!
The bulbs dont give me a FW version, bummer. May have been some help
Data * endpointId: 01
- application: 11
- model: TRADFRI bulb GU10 W 400lm
- manufacturer: IKEA of Sweden
Even stranger is that these have been great repeaters for my Hue dimmers connected to HE too.
[Guest Bedroom Dimmer, 5B6B] via [Office 3, 3A5B]
