IKEA Tradfri Bulbs

Yeah, and sorry meant “Touchlink” when you select lights and then the + at the top right.

Hue is the way forward, I have had no issues with pairing the bulbs I have, although I haven't used any of the GU10's yet,

@Royski

So you use this to pair Over the hue app and it has different results ?
iConnecthue is $7.99
Touchlink is Free

I would go for the touchlink then, I only used it to pair them and that was it. Could have sworn it was free TBH. :expressionless: I tried many times to pair with the Hue app, and just didnt work for me. That could have been a firmware issue on the bulbs though, at that time.

Yeah see for me, I have 4 ikea bulbs here, 2 paired straight away, the other 2 never paired after multiple trieds and resets

1 Like

I ended up getting the hub and updating. Ever since, its been in a cupbard lol.

yeah my hubs uptodate so I just assumed they didnt work.
I can try the touchlink one - see if it makes a difference.

1 Like

Fingers crossed it works mate :+1:

was it called touchlink control ?
if so that hasn't been updated in 2yrs lol

Looking at that app, thats not it. I got the iconnecthue, I could have sworn that was free at the time.

If you have iOS you can use this I believe.

If Android, you can do it from a PC instead using Lamp Finder, link further down in the above.

1 Like

There is also HUE lights which has touchlink inbuilt

1 Like

Thats also in the link above :+1:

i'll give it a go on the GU10 I have at home, cheers lads

1 Like

Can confirm that app with touch link does Not work to connect the GU10 I have here.
Link

Which isnt to say this other one wouldnt pair, as its been hit and miss which ones (model/colour) join and which dont

Its probably worth me buying this other one to test if it will join the hue hub, really.

Ones I have that Do Pair (to the hue hub)

but this one wont

Thats a downer. Have to say though I have had a couple of GU10s which wont pair, I put this down to the bulb being knackered more than anything else.

Have you updated the bulb with the tradfri hub to it's latest firmware?

I add them all to the ikea hub before trying them on the hue hub, yeah.

This doesn't answer my question... :grin:

The ikea hub auto updates the firmware when you add the bulb, so no I haven't updated the firmware as I add them to the hub, it updates it, then I remove the bulb and tried it on the hue hub.

Check. Didn't know it would automatically update. Since I have no tradfri hub myself.