IKEA Tradfri Bulbs

Does anyone know if the IKEA bulbs cause any "repeating" issues?

As far as I know they do.

Probably, but I don't know if many people have used them directly-paired to Hubitat on a long-term basis to say for sure. Most Zigbee bulbs (except Sengleds, which don't repeat at all) have this issue, so there is a categorial adversion to all of them based on this general experience.

One user reports that the Ikea Tradfri 1000 lm bulb works well to route Xiaomi devices (presumably this is the warm white bulb, but the shades of white one also matches this description) . That's really a separate issue, but if the Xiaomi devices didn't "fall off" the network and their messages reliably got through to the hub, it's a promising sign.

I personally wouldn't risk it, though. This isn't even the only reason. The bulbs are cheap but have awkwardly-written firmware, like their color bulbs not supporting color temperature clusters even though that's what they do best given their limited color gamut...

Thanks, don't think I'll risk it. I replaced all my Osram's with Sengleds about 2 months ago and it's been smooth sailing since. Its just that IKEA has the GU10 like I have in my ceiling fans for $8.99 each so I was wondering.

1 Like

Using 10 Ikea GU10s in my kitchen connected to HE without issue. Another 3 in the office and several e14s around the place. They’re way better on HE than they ever were on ST in my experience.

Do you ever look at your Zigbee Routing Tables to see if they are repeating

I have a few of the 980L bulbs on a hue bridge connected to HE, I get random blinks every now and then - but other than that they are like a quarter of the price of actual Hue bulbs here.

Im going to be adding 4 GU10s directly to my HE, but all the rest of my bulbs are Wifi/Hue hub'd

I do yes, various devices are repeating through them. Hue dimmers and other Ikea bulbs.

2 Likes

@Royski & @tgrant48, thank you. I was just about to get Sengled lamps but the fact that they’re NOT GU10 and seeing this post has just stopped me. So now I’m going to go and try those Ikea ones and will report back on their repeating behavior.
I’ve got mostly iris motion and door sensors, which started shuffling around the mesh due to me trialling a couple of Lightify GU10’s, someone gave me. They have to go as the mesh was stable prior to them arriving.

1 Like

I have some tradfri's directly connected to my HE, they really messing up my zigbee mesh. To the point where I turned one bulb off power and 2 motion sensors came back to life.
I want 4 GU10s for the front of my house, but im going to get another repeater and jam it right next to them to stop my garage door MS and contact sensor joining them. Like mike has said, they are cheap for a reason :frowning:

Crap. So basically I’m still looking for an affordable, GU10 lamp that is non-repeating. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I turned my zigbee bulbs (one ikea one and 4 wemo ones) off and healed/rerouted my zigbees to the repeaters (brought the repeaters right in around the hub) and once they all were connected to the repeaters turned the bulbs back on and so far so good. So i'd plan to add a repeater within 2ms of the GU10s and pair them in position so they grab the repeater. Only problem is if my MS and CS are too close and start bouncing off the GU10s. Ideally having the Ikea Hub API and folding that in like the Hue Hub would be ideal.

the GU10’s are ceiling mounted in the spareroom where a motion is, as well as a repeater/switch and motion for the wardrobe light.
Motion inside wardrobe connects to repeater perfectly and always works the wardrobe light. ( not a GU10)
BUT it’s the motion for the spareroom lights - the Lightify GU10’s that have issues.
If the Motion in the room jumps from the repeater to the GU 10’s in the ceiling, then the room lighting fails.

yep - had a similar issue. Bunnings have the GU10s colour changes for $56 each atm.

Sengled’s for $56 ea ??
At that price I’m gonna rethink the approach and maybe use dumb LED’s and a single in wall dimmer or that Jaycar relay.

Sorry - Hue GU10s - full colour change

What about using Hue to get around the GU10 issue? At least it’ll keep the bulbs clear of HE and still keep them smart. .

I have a few osram bulbs on Hue (have a lot of bulbs on Hue) and don’t see issues there.

I agree Ikea can be somewhat messy and don’t work for some, but I find them ok here

i've tried the GU10s and the clear LED version of the tradfri to pair with hue with no luck - the opal finish lens tradfris seem to pair with Hue though.

I had the same issue a long while back, but had success pairing via iconnecthue and lightlink. You have to have the bulbs very close to the hub I found.

This is how close I get them to try and pair..

@Royski is icconect and light link mobile apps ?