IKEA motion sensor

I was wondering it you were using my code or some other device driver since some of the messages in the log you sent appear to have text that I am not familiar with in my code and wanted to make sure you are using my code (and the latest) if possible. Please see below:

Yes, I’m using the code you posted 10 days ago, I’m assuming that is the latest. I’m not sure where the unexpected values could come from. The Tradfri motion sensor was reset and deleted from HE before being added again. The Device Type is paired and was only changed from the default “Device” to your User device type “Ikea Tradfri Motion Sensor”. I have tried removing your Driver code and reinstalled, removing the device again, resetting and reinstalled. Same results. Not sure what more we can do here.

You can put couple of debugging messages on two main methods and see if your device shows them in the log and what the msgs are as follows:

After that, you may wanna update the firmware. Good luck.

This explains, why you are the first and the only one who made this Ikea Motion Sensor working with Hubitat. The DRIGERA hub has probably updated the firmware to what is shown on your screenshot as 'application:24' and softwareBuild:24040005.

I tried updating my sensor from Zigbee2MQTT, unfortunately, no new firmware update was found :

Hubitat currently does not have OTA updates for the Ikea Motion sensor.

1 Like

You may be able to push an update to it through the Home Assistant ZHA. Maybe.

1 Like