IKEA Knycklan Water Valve for Dishwashers

you might try the inbuilt Sinope water valve driver as well...

2 Likes

Wow! Thanks!
I've just left home to visit friends for the weekend so I'll try when I get back on Sunday!

2 Likes

The driver works! Thanks @SmartHomePrimer!

There is one last piece of the puzzle: in the video in my original post, it's possible to paid the valve with both the hub and the remote controller. However, when I pair the valve with the remote, the valve stops responding to the hub.

I've seen other people successfully pairing IKEA remotes directly with Hubitat controlled devices (@Huby paired IKEA lightbulbs with Hubitat and the supplied remote).

Am I doing something wrong when pairing the remote that is making these IKEA devices lose the Hubitat pairing? I'm following the instructions / steps in the video so not sure what else to try...

Good news!

In regard to the remote, that’s not one I’m sure will be possible. I’ve personally never been able to make that work on HE when I tried with an IKEA TRÅDFRI plug-in outlet and remote.

I have done similar on Hue and SmartThings by pairing the remote to the Bridge or Hub respectively, without a driver and then Touchlink pairing the remote to a bulb for example. That has never worked for me here though.

[Edit] I watched his video again. Maybe you can just pair the button with HE and use it as a button in the platform to control the valve, just as you would any other button? :man_shrugging:t3:

Here’s the link to the driver. If the button pairs with HE, try changing the driver code by replacing “physicalgraph” with “hubitat”, remove the Healthcheck capability, and you can but don’t have to remove the section relating to “tiles” in the driver.

The leak detector is not working for me with this drivers. When I configure the device the leak detector appears as a contact but it disappears after a wile an I have to press refresh or configure again to make it visible. The contact is not visible in rm eather. Do you know what causes this?