Ikea Blinds

looks like these blinds work great with HE - just to confirm can you connect the blind direct to HE if you have a strong zigbee network or do you have to use their supplied received (that says it must be within 10m of the blind?)

thank you

Just two posts back…

1 Like

Isnt there button somewhere that works with hubitat (non-ikea generic)? If so then could program that to update the ikea device in hubitat.

Was your pull request picked up by @a4refillpad for his driver? Didn't seem to be listed in his change summary at the top of the driver.

*  added fallback refreshing calls if blinds decide not to update status
 *  added position event updates to track realtime open percentage in dashboard
 *  added max open percentage preference (optional)
 *  added hardOpen function in case you need to reset blind height occasionally esp useful with above function
 *  added fix to execute the open function if "setposition 100" occurs - this allows Dashboard and Alexa to acknowledge max open level
 *  fixed bug with final state of blinds, now always ending with either open or closed state
 *  added hubitat standard debug and info toggles
 *. added on/off switch events and methods for better group and dashboard compatibility
 *  limited the reporting frequency of the blind level in order to prevent overloading the zigbee stack on hubitat and removed some legacy code

Could you consider merging your exits with a4refill’s git master code so we don’t end up with 50 versions of this driver?

@danabw My pull request has not been integrated by @a4refillpad yet.
@christian.busch The whole intention of the pull request was to integrate my changes into @a4refillpad 's driver. You can view the status of the pull requests here:
https://github.com/a4refillpad/hubitat-IKEA-window-blinds/pulls
Not much I can do to force @a4refillpad to accept the pull requests, sorry. If you want that code with the changes (pull request), here is that link again:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/a4refillpad/hubitat-IKEA-window-blinds/76165b05e952ca1a9e152905df9a8b0dc03392c2/IKEA-window-blind-driver-code

2 Likes

He hasn't posted since April of this year as far as I can tell, so maybe he's moved on...

At some point if he stays away, would you be interested in forking his content? Not trying to volunteer you, just curious.

Is there a way to integrate the Fyrtur blinds and keep the the physical up/down button yet? Wife like the stability of the button and not having to talk to Alexa three times to get it to work. She can never remember the correct phrases.

Must be my wife's sister. :wink: Manages a $500M budget at work, but can't remember "Hey Google, turn on the island lights." :man_shrugging:

From what I've read you can't have both your Fyrtur blinds integration w/HE and your Fyrtur button at the same time.

You should be able to use a generic Zigbee button, like SonOff's button, (or if you are using the Lutron integration, a Pico) and set that up to control open/close for the blinds via Button Controller app, Rule Machine, etc.

Hi, not moved away. Its just that habitat is so stable now I've not needed to mess around with it like smartthings needed to. I'll get that pull request done

6 Likes

Great! :slight_smile: Love it. As a SmartThings veteran I know what you mean.

Thanks for dropping back in. I don't assume any dev owes us anything, and hope my comments didn't cause you any concern. Always thankful for the enhancements provided by the community.

4 Likes

I'm curious what kinds of setups people have done with these blinds - multiples in one room all controlled together, and such.

I'm considering buying the cellular shades and I'd need at least two for any room I'm putting them in.

I have 6 in one room and 3 in another room. They give me zero problems.

I use them with variables joined with a dimmer connector called kitchen blinds and landing blinds respectively.

TRIGGER dimmer variable connector changes.
THEN dim group blinds to blind variable value.

This is useful because a button can be used to raise and lower to 0 or 100

Or if you rename the virtual dimmer connector in the amazon app to "Kitchen Blinds for example". Then Alexa can be used for various heights "Alexa Open Kitchen Blinds 48 percent" Alexa close the blinds etc

1 Like

Well I got my first pair of Ikea blinds working and my wife thinks it's amazing and told me to order four more. So those will be in tomorrow and I'll be installing them shortly after. Thanks for the help, and coding, and troubleshooting, and sharing all your hard work on the internet.

Now if they'd just stock spare batteries for order in the USA ...

I'm honestly pondering buying the cheapest FYRTUR blinds I can, taking the battery out, and throwing away the new blinds just to get a spare battery. I have two of these blinds that are behind sets of standard blinds (for Reasons, but mostly to get true blackout for some windows facing the TV). To get the battery out I have to take down the other blinds, so I don't want to have to do that twice or leave the blinds on the floor over night while charging the battery.

Hi, Can you tell me how to switch the 100% = open to 100%= closed with this driver? im struggling to figure it out!

The lack of spare batteries is super annoying. I have 8 of these in the sunroom and I always like to have one or two on the charger ready to go. I did finally find an outrageously priced one on ebay, which of course I bought. I've searched high and low for a third party battery - no luck so far.

1 Like

We can buy these directly from IKEA in the UK can you not ask your store if they can order them in?

One would think. But they're always out of stock at the store and even for shipment.

Yup. I just checked again. The batteries are available nowhere in the US. Anyone in the UK want to buy one and ship it to me? Seems like there's a market for this. :joy: :rofl: