Ikea Blinds

Thank you but not what I wanted, or I am blind lol
How do I create rule so that google assistant can change position?

rule that bigsnicker has "one to set any level between 0 and 100"?

Someone created a driver for the Up/Down Button for Smartthings. Haven't looked into creating drivers for hubitat but, maybe someone with better knowledge can port it over?

1 Like

I’ve got one of mine trimmed, mounted, paired and operational! So easy with all the help on this thread!

One thing to add: put blinds at bottom of travel and double click the blind’s up button. The shade will roll up a slight amount to verify

Got both installed and set up, few things to note:

Created a virtual switch and have a rule for that switch to set both the shades to 15% for "on" (open) and "closed" when turned "off"

I exposed the blinds to Alexa using the Alexa Skills app, then headed over to Alexa app and set up a “open” and “close” routine. Super easy as it treats the blinds as dimmable bulb just instead the % value is how closed they are. (so a value if "15%" is also 85% open)

I was wrong, there is no "min" value on the shade to set, it must be current limiting only. I was thinking of setting something up to block the rolling back from trying to roll the shade too far.

I’m using Ryan780’s driver code dated Dec 19th and I don’t see battery level in HE, but that’s alright, sometime down the road that will work perhaps

That SmartThings code posted above that gets the included up/down button in the mix: I was able to make some changes to the code and the device driver will actually install into the "Drivers Code" section in Hubitat, but I haven't quite gotten the straight answer on "how to put the button into pairing mode" yet. (link to driver code)

My buddy that brought the shades up from South Florida, I just had to spend 10 minutes telling him how great it was to use a Hue dimmer switch to control a set of IKEA blinds lol

Overall I’m super happy with these!! Currently may favorite gadget. Someday I’ll have three more sets, a 48” for my office window and two 30” models to provide full coverage on a large kitchen window I have

I have attempted to get the Up/Down button working using the ported code and I get the following errors.

I will add that I am no expert when it comes to understanding groovy either.

I wouldn't put any stock in that weak attempt I made to port the code, which was just taking the SmartThings code and changing a few things I saw mentioned in this thread:

I was never able to get the up/down button to actually go into pairing mode for the Hubitat hub to see so other than getting the driver to install without errors is as far as I got

As far as I can tell the up/down button uses group messaging. I even upgraded the firmware on the button to the latest but it still uses group messaging. However, using the original firmware it seemed that the button would not touchlink to the outlet (the up/down button I have came with the outlet) while on the Hubutat's network but after I updated the firmware I was able to touch link it. So it can be useful if direct control is OK for your usecase. I have a Conbee II joined to my network so I can add a group to any Zigbee device and use the button directly even with devices that don't support touchlink.

Hey everyone.

So I am pulling out what little hair I have left trying to get my Ikea blind to work.

I followed all the steps post above by @craigspree - entered the driver code supplied by @Ryan780 but no luck.

The repeater is found. I name it. I do need to change the device type in its setting to Ikea repeater.

I then am able to have the blind be discovered but that is the extend of it. No controls only what you see in the attached image. I feel like I am missing a step that was implied in the directions - but I am unaware of.

See the drop down "Type" where it says "Device" in the lower right corner of your screenshot? You need to select your driver there. The "Ikea Blinds" will likely be at the WAY bottom of that list under user-created drivers.

Hi there,
Sorry if it is a dumb question but I am a new user and i am not too sure were to add code or rules to set the level to level - 100.
Any help would be welcomed.
Best,
Laurent

Not exactly sure what the question is, but as long as the blinds are paired and you have the device type set to "IKEA Blinds", you'll have the options to Raise, Lower and Set Position for somewhere in between. Position 0 is fully open and Position 100 is fully closed.

So in a rule, this is opening them just 15%

And here is an example wired to an on/off switch. I don't want the blinds to run all the way to the top and get binded up, so instead of using the "Raise" command to open, I instead set the position to 15 for on/open/raised:

If you install the Amazon Skill app in Hubitat, you can also expose the blinds to Alexa. She'll see the blinds as a dimmer switch that you can control through a routine. I'm sure some similar process exists for Google Home as well

Thanks Stephen,

My question was referring to a previous post talking about how to make sure that Google home would open the blinds when instructed to do so. The problem is that Google sees the blinds as a dimmer where 100% is closed and 0% is open.

So I am looking for a way to invert the level on the hubitat side to account for this non-sense.

Thanks!

Sorry for responding late, but my solution was just to reverse the endpoints.

So I have each blind as a dimmer (Blind 1, Blind 2, etc.) and then a group of all of them called "All Blinds".

I'm comfortable with 100 being closed, so if I want them a quarter closed I can say "Google, set All Blinds to 25" and all of the blinds go down a quarter.

The only trick was to set the command "Close Blinds" that is triggered by the blinds turning "off", which sets them to 100, and, of course, vice versa.

Is that clear enough?

Brainstorming Ideas -

If you were building a room with a series of multiple small windows way up high (where these Ikea blinds were perfectly fit-for-purpose)....how might you run/provide power AC or DC in a nice clean install?

Thus alieviating some of the ladder access due to the batteries.

DC to them all w/o battery?

Wall wart large enough to power multiple blinds?

Other ideas from folks that have multiple sets of them installed.

Thanks in advance

DC powered (Battery) with solar charge circuit :blush:

Ikea data: TECHNICAL DATA
Type: ICBL7.2-18-USB-A1 Capacity: 2600mAh/18.72Wh
Input: DC 5V, 1.0A (Micro USB)
DC 8.4V, 2.0A (4 pin connector)
Output: DC 7.2V, 2.0A
For indoor use only
Rechargeable Li-Ion battery cell inside.

Thanks for the answer. I did group my blinds all together too but I guess what I am looking for is a tutorial about how to use the local and global variables in hubitat. This way I could see how to invert the blinds level and avoid having to add ifttt hooks.

I would like to figure out whether this will fit in my window frame, but I can't seems to find the dimension of the product.

For example with the 60cm version - is 60cm the total width including the top housing? Or is it the width of the blind fabric only? If this is the case, what is the width of the total product?

Also, what is the depth of the top rail/housing?

All the specs are on their site mate,

Ahhh sorry I did miss the 'Width of fabric Width of roller'. But no mention of the depth tho

Here you go, pulled one of mine down off the mount to snag this

4 Likes