IFTTT Triggers

Hello, relatively new here.
Is there a way to add more IFTTT triggers from Hubitat hubs? Specifically I'd like to trigger an IFTTT rule if a door is locked, unlocked, and if the battery in a sensor is low. Currently none of these are available as triggers in IFTTT. I am currently working around this by having the Hubitat rule engine change the mode from these triggers, and triggering IFTTT from the mode change. However, this also has it's limitations (mainly that the IFTTT mode integration only recognizes the default 4 modes, and not any custom modes, so I have no more modes available). Is there a better way to do this?
Thanks in advance,
David

I have custom modes available in my IFTTT App that I've created for my Arlo cameras. I think you need to manually add them after you have created them.

You could create a virtual switch and then an automation in Hubitat that will cause the switch to turn on/off when the door locks/unlocks. Then create an IFTTT applet with the virtual switch as the trigger.

You can also use RM to hit webhooks endpoints in IFTTT, bypassing the official Hubitat/IFTTT integration.

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to have to read up on webhooks to see if that's a better solution. But for now, the above mentioned virtual switch and adding the custom modes seems to have solved the immediate problem. Thanks.

1 Like

Yep, that worked. Thanks

Hi guys, is there any guide regarding Webhooks? I want to monitor my sensors' humidity values logging them to a Google Sheets log.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.