IFTTT service "Call me when a Hubitat device detects water" takes HOURS to respond

I set up an IFTTT rule using an IFTTT service called "Call me when Hubitat device detects water". For some reason, the service didn't actually call me until four hours after the event when I tested a water leak being triggered. The IFTTT log indicates that the service triggered at the exact time when I ran the test. But the phone call didn't arrive for four hours!

Just curious if others have had similar experiences with IFTTT.

It all depends on your actions and your triggers. Sometimes they are almost instantly and sometimes they are very delayed. I've never used the call service so I can't speak to that but I've seen delays of an hour on some services.

Is there a reason you posted this twice?

IFTTT has always been slow in my experience. Sometimes it was minutes, sometimes much longer to run the flow. I don't think this is a problem unique to Hubitat as I had this with Wink and other things outside of Hubitat.

There is also a "Call my device" option rather than "Call my phone" that I'm going to try for a while because I've had the same issue with getting calls from the "Call my phone" option hours after the triggered event even though IFTTT's logs show it sent the command immediately so I'm guessing the latency issue is at the "Call my phone" end which is likely a separate company than IFTTT. Hopefully this new option will be more reliable. I use it for security alarm notifications.

This has definitely been my general experience with IFTTT as well. Varies very much by service and whether the service is being used as action or trigger in an applet.

I have found hubitat to be very fast regardless of whether itโ€™s the trigger or action.

Blink cameras, as another example respond fine for actions but are super slow as triggers.

By OPโ€™s description of the delay, I would guess itโ€™s on the phone call side of things.

It's possible the service was having issues while you were testing it.

I've been using that service for a long time for my Hubitat water sensors and I can't think of a single time that the phone call took more than 15 seconds.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.