Ifttt presence

Should I be able to set a virtual presence sensor with an ifttt trigger? I want to set it using automatic.

If you look at Hubitat actions that are available in IFTTT, presence is not one of them. It is available as a trigger, but that doesn't help with your question. You might try a virtual switch instead.

I have a driver which is a virtual presence sensor AND a virtual switch combined if you want a copy.

Present = on
Not present = off

This can be used with ifttt as a switch but in HE as a presence. (Or a switch)

Let me know and I’ll post a link to it

Andy

1 Like

I'm interested in this, I used virtual switches instead of presence primarily because I couldn't manually change status of the presence sensors in the dashboards.

Interested.

It’s on my GitHub...

Here you go:

Andy

2 Likes

BTW, why are you using IFTTT for presence?

Andy

It’s for our car using automatic.

1 Like

I use converted ST presence sensors for our cars :slight_smile:

Andy

I have been thinking about doing the exact same thing! Do you happen to have any details? Do you power directly off of the car's DC? I was thinking of using one of the available 5v USB ports to power it but then I couldn't figure out how to deal with the fact that it would turn off when I was home, therefore changing presence to away again. Any info you have on how you did this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Have a look at this on the SmartThings forum..

I didn’t want to power off the car for a couple of reasons:

1. If there is a problem with the dc-dc converter it cause problems with the car battery or electrics.
  2. I wanted to still keep it a bit ‘portable’ so I could easily move from car to car.
  3. I didn’t want the power to go off when the ignition is switched off

I have had three of these running on the original batteries for more than a year.

Andy

1 Like

On the original 2 AA's? That's awesome. Thanks!

Yep!
It’s actually about 18 months now..on the same 2 AA batteries

Andy