IFTTT new problem?

Hello all
full disclosure...bit of a novice but not a complete newbie.

• My IFTTT connection with SMART LIFE was working perfectly until I did the hubitat upgrade a couple of days ago.

tried everything suggested in the forums but no joy. The wifi switch works fine with the smart life app and also the brilliant app. I deleted the smart life app assuming that the IFTTT no longer works with smart life and installed the brilliant app and IFTTT service.

still unable to connect wifi switch to hubitat. The IFTTT integration app in hubitat is there, I deleted , it went back automatically, rebooted hub, upgraded to latest version, relinked account to IFTTT and the services, removed IFTTT services and reinstalled, etc.

Any ideas? Should I just give up on IFTTT working with hubitat?

Thanks

Do you have a backup of your previous version of Hubitat where it was working?

E.g. You could restore to that to confirm if it's still working there which would indicate a bug in the latest release.

yes did that as well but only went back 3 days as I had modified a lot of the rules and did not want to have to recreate them. Is there some way to make a copy of only the current rules so I can go back further on my restores and then just reinstall the rules?

did you try breaking the connection with hubitat and reconnecting it to IFTTT?

Not that I am aware of.
Mind posting a picture of what you have exposed to IFTTT in Hubitate and what IFTTT rule you have running? Also do you have it set to only work in specific modes in the IFTTT Hubitat app?

Can you also make sure you have logging enabled and what your logs show?

With your description it's really hard to understand if your connection Hubitate <-> IFTTT is broken or if it's something wrong on your smart WIFI device's side.

Yes multiple times and with both brilliant and smart life. I am able to connect ifttt with hubitat and smart life and brilliant. It is the final applet connections that do not work. Once the ifttt connection is made with hubitat, the ifttt hubitat app installs automatically. There is only one switch on wifi (ifttt) and I am trying to control it with a virtual switch. The logs show the virtual switch functioning but Since I no longer have a link between hubitat and ifttt the virtual switch does not activate the wifi switch. All this used to work perfectly before. It stopped and now here I am.

I can. What log are you referring to? The virtual switch or something else?

I have Had all the modes selected and
not. I have tried both but it does not help connect the ifttt switching to the hubitat virtual switch. I get a cannot connect message.

For my clarity, specifically when you switch the virtual switch on Hubitat now, you aren't seeing it through IFTTT switching your wifi device?

Can you do the reverse? e.g. Have IFTTT flip the virtual switch and you see that reflected in HE?

What I'm trying to help you get at is specifically where you believe the connection is broken (IFTTT -> HE, or HE -> IFTTT or IFTTT->Wifi Switch), and hopefully you can then get support @ hubitat involved to figure out if the issue is with the HE upgrade or not.

So... I have come to the conclusion that the issue is not with hubitat but with the ifttt connection to smart life or brilliant. ( at least my best guess)

I did stumble across something that has me back up and running via ifttt and connected to hubitat so I can use the switch as intended with rules.

Look up sequematic. There is a way to connect to tuya / smart life devices using sequematic and it is working for me, at least for now. Kudos to the developer.

I created new applets to turn my switch both on and off using ifttt and the โ€œroutineโ€ in sequematic.

(Apologies if I am not using the right terminology)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.