If not what is a good diy home security kit

Can this be integrated with Hubitat?

[Linkind Smart Home Security System Starter Kit](Linkind Smart Home Security System Starter Kit, APP/Keypad Control Alarm System for Home Protection, 2.4GHz WiFi Only, 5 Pieces, with 110dB Siren Alarm, PIR Motion Sensor, Door/Window Sensor Amazon.com : Linkind Smart Home Security System Starter Kit, APP/Keypad Control Alarm System for Home Protection, 2.4GHz WiFi Only, 5 Pieces, with 110dB Siren Alarm, PIR Motion Sensor, Door/Window Sensor : Camera & Photo)

If not what is a good diy home security kit.

DIdnt find anything where the whole thing could be integrated but apparently it can be stripped for parts!

I will let others comment on integrations they've used. I know some folks use Ring. Hubitat Safety Monitor can provide the basics on its own, though I have not seen any options for third-party monitoring. However, if you are ok self-monitoring (i.e. getting an alert on your phone), it might be a solution.

I use HSM in combination with a regular Ademco Vista 20 professionally installed and monitored security system. Works well but definitely not what you're looking for.

If you have an old unused system then Konnected might be something to consider..

Also you could check out Ring - there are some unofficial integrations with HE but not sure how well they work.

2 Likes

can't be integrated, but the cheapest centrally monitored system is Wyze

I use Konnected with all my existing door/window sensors, MIMO for my garage overhead door sensing, BlueIris connected to 15 different home/property cameras and have a Hubitat dashboard that brings all the sensors with panic alarm and bright house actions together. I use Pushover from Hubitat to get perimeter sensor notifications on my mobile. Also have BlueIris interface and that dashboard available on my phone, over a VPN connection only. Allows me to:

1. Get notified of activity.
  2. Visually look at the activity.
  3. Trigger scare tactics for the unwanted activity.
  4. Report the activity to the police.

Edit...Forgot to add, I have some passive scare tactics automatically activated when the front door cameras sense activity. Basically turns on internal lights in the foyer and additional outside lights. This is through BlueIris and Hubitat integrations.

2 Likes

Another fun trick is dogs barking sounds through a speaker when you are away...

:dog2:

(if you don't have the meatspace variety on hand that is)

2 Likes

I have had the Ring alarm system for just over 1 year. I have never had a false alarm. The smoke detector listener works. The monitoring has called each time we set off the alarm by mistake. I use the Unofficial Ring Connect to allow Hubitat to monitor the Ring sensors and alarm status. I could not be happier with Ring or Hubitat!

1 Like

Do you pay for the service? Or just integrate with Hubitat?

I’m looking into ring. Don’t want to pay the monthly fee

I think you can use the Ring Security system unmonitored for no fee.

I do pay for monitoring (which includes extended warranty) I am pretty sure you don't need monitoring for integration with Hubitat. If you don't want to pay the monthly monitoring fee, then there is no cost per month.

2 Likes

Cool, I’ll probably do that then!

I use Eufy cameras, gutted the 20-year old security system that was in the house and connected built-in door/window contacts to HE with a group of ZEN16 multirelays. Here is my security dashboard.

1 Like

That’s a nice setup!

Thank you @jeremyf .

Can this be integrated? And do you have to pay for the subscription? I know with ring you do not have to pay the subscription