Identify Zigbee 3.0 Device?

I've installed a product that comes in both ZigBee 1.2 and 3.0 flavors. There are no outwardly obvious signs of which version I have received. Is there a way to tell on the hub? (I have a C-7, which may present an issue, but I didn't know if there was some 'the device sends this packet' way of easily identifying it.

(I know this isn't a 'real world' operational concern, I'm just curious which flavor I received.)

Google the model number (they will be different model numbers), or usually the box will say 3.0 on it. What product? 3.0 devices pair to 1.2 controllers and vice versa...

It's a Kwikset lock card/daughterboard. It has no distinguishing markings other than the model number (450203,) and Google has proven fruitless to determine 1.2 vs 3.0.

As I mentioned in the OP, I know 3.0 works with HE and I won't (or at least shouldn't) be able to distinguish between 1.2 and 3.0 solely on operation, but I was just curious.

I'm no expert, but I think if you temporarily substitute "Device" for the driver, and then hit the getInfo button, you can find out in the log. ZCL equivocates to that, right? Here's a snap of a Hue motion sensor. I believe this would be 1.0.

ZCL is the Zigbee Cluster Library. I do not believe that translates into the ZHA version being used, though... :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah, I'm no expert. The coincidence factor was pretty high. I just checked a late model Sinope propane tank level sensor and it came out with a ZCL version of 08, so forget what I said. :slight_smile:
edit: Someone in the know might be able to relate ZCL version to ZHA, but it's not me.

That’s not a version. Depending on the context, it could indicate the cluster being used. Here’s the full spec:

2 Likes

I was just going by the driver info:

@kkossev Any thoughts on this?

The ZCL version shown does not guarantee whether the Zigbee device will work on C-7, whether it will work on C-8, whether it will work on a fresh C-8 only, whether it can pair again and stay connected after being deleted, etc, etc..

2 Likes