Ideas for devices

@iharyadi - add me to @bptworld's list!

I think @kkossev was looking at the motion sensor but having major issues with chattiness

1 Like

Well, Tuya microwave sensors are working, although I didn't have the time to experiment with all the different adjustment options.

Although they are rather chatty when activated, my Zigbee mesh handled it, I have practically not observed noticeable delays with other sensors and actuators.

BTW, there is a new model, much better looking than the previous

EDIT2: removed the link, as it turned out that this device not a mmWave radar, but just a PIR sensor with some advanced presence detection algorithms embedded into the sensor firmware.

The full range of Tuya Human Presence mmWave radars that are supported in Hubitat by a custom driver is here.

2 Likes

@bptworld, I come across the thread early on. It looks interesting. I was working on something else and was not paying to much attention to the mmWave too much.

My Environment Sensor has Binary Input where I suppose one can connect the mmWave module. We could get the detection through the Environment Sensor.

I am not sure 100% about the control part through UART because of I added SLIP protocol on top of UART. My understanding is that the UART is used just for configuration if you want to customize the mmWave parameter.

I am not sure how much demand there is for mmWave. If there are enough of us, I can perhaps make Environment Sensor without any environmental sensor. We just use the expansion part of the Environment sensor to talk to the mmWave module.

Thanks
Iman

3 Likes

I truly believe mmWave is the next step of Home automation
Check out this homemade version (Note its Wifi and not Zigbee)

2 Likes

While this technology introduces it's own challenges for fining tuning to get just the right level of motion and presence indication (and how early) it offers a whole bunch of advantages over PIR in an outdoor setting where sun/heat/orientation/and often waterproofing present challenges.