[IDEA] Stock Tracker - just kicking around ideas

thank you for calling that out.

@bptworld no need to do additional work if all it gives is the same open/close/high/low data every minute. Without 'current price' it's useless. Sorry I did not catch the sooner, but it look as if @dman2306 is correct, and it's not worth $50 a month for sure.

might consider one of these.

1 and 2 in the list are and have been closed to the public for some time :sunglasses:

I'm using number 4 :trophy:

and they actually list 6 (not 5 as in the title). :man_shrugging:

Don't think I want to trust them with financial data. lol :laughing:

I think Alpha will give us what we need and with 500 free calls a day. With a 1 min refresh, that's about 6 hours of data. Jump to 5 min and you got a whole day! Just have to work out the details.

:wink:

1 Like

Maybe I misunderstood, I thought that API requires you to sign up for an account with polygon? I haven't looked at their API up close, but I know that the exchanges generally charge for market data feeds like that.

Nope, sign up for a free account with Alpha Vantage.

"We are proud to provide free API service for our global community of users and recommend that you make API requests sparingly (up to 5 API requests per minute and 500 requests per day) to achieve the best server-side performance."

1 Like

@bptworld Did this ever get released?

Nope, it didn't meet the needs (no live current price).

Any interest in picking this back up? It would be fun to have a few stock values in hubitat even if they are updated ever 3 or 5 minutes (i.e. from Alpha Vantage with 500 free requests per day).

An example would be a RGB lamp that turns color throughout the day if the market is up or down.

Sorry, Alpha Vantage doesn't push any live data. Only open/close/high/low data.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.