I'd Likely Buy Hub Protect + Remote Admin If

I haven't yet purchased Hub Protect or Remote Admin simply because I have three hubs, and the odds of all three failing at once are fairly low. We've also curtailed leisure travel as the pandemic rages on, and business travel is also now back to a standstill, so the need/value of Remote admin is diminished for me, and I suspect that's true for many of us. I can purchase a new backup Hub for less than all this would cost me, so for me, and probably many, "the math doesn't work".

But I probably would purchase these service (certainly Hub Protect) if the price covered all three hubs (my "system"). I suspect the cost to Hubitat would be very close to the same, as this is basically a few Mb of storage for them. So, having noticed the new "bundle" offering, I propose another bundle: All hubs owned by one owner, for the same reasonable price. Just a thought.

Thanks for your feedback. Cloud backup is just a component of the extended warranty offered by the Hub Protect service, that ensures easy transition from a dead hub to a new free hub. Hub Protect not only extends the warranty of your hub for the life of the plan, should that hub fail, but also you will have a cloud backup that allows you to load onto the new hub, so you don't have to rebuild your Z-Wave network, as well as automations.

You can read more about Hub Protect by visiting the following page:

https://shop.hubitat.com/hub-protect/

Remote Admin service, on the other hand, covers any hub on your account. So with this in mind, you only need to subscribe a primary hub to the bundle to get yearly Remote Admin for all of your hubs + Hub Protect for your primary hub. Then, if you'd like to protect additional hubs, you could use multi-hubs discount to enroll those additional hubs for $19.99/year. I think 5 cents/day is worth the time and effort you would have to put in to start over with a new hub from scratch, if the unexpected strikes.

7 Likes

That's a better deal than I understood. Thanks for the reply. I'll certainly consider it.

1 Like