iBlinds Open close Speed

Hello..

Is there a way to slow down the opening or closing of the blinds?.. I have changed the "Allowed time" setting on Hubitat but doesnt seem to do anything.

Be nice if I could for example set so that it takes 30 seconds to go from the close setting (0%) to the open setting (50%).. rather than the 2 or 3 seconds is taking at the moment (rather fast I think)

Reminds me of the badge in gate at work. The glass door would slam closed on people if they moved too slow (less than 5 seconds). And it would closed in less than a second.

With this kind of device, the "allowed time" setting (definitely mine if you're using my driver) is generally is the time that you guess it would take to complete an open/close or a move to a new level. This is necessary because, as far as I can see, iBlinds do not sent a new level/position report back unless you ask for it (and I like to have it to make sure the blinds actually did change rather than making the driver optimistically assume that it happened and generate the event/attribute change right away, which their driver did last time I checked). So, the driver does it for you after you do a Set Level/Set Position, but it waits for this interval to pass first so it gets the new, hopefully updated value.

As far as I can tell, they do not respond to (i.e., they ignore) a duration specified on a switchMultilevelSet. I haven't tried the shades-specific Z-Wave command classes to see if they behave differently--but neither did iBlinds in their driver for whatever reason, perhaps because they based theirs on an example SmartThings dimmer DTH. :slight_smile: My guess is these devices will just always change at whatever speed they want.

1 Like

Thanks